𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 5 : 𝐃𝐈𝐆 𝐃𝐔𝐆

"there it is again, that funny feeling

"there it is again, that funny feeling."

─────────

"All right. I think this is it," the man who picked them up said, stopping his truck.

After finding out that their Mama was alive, Nina and El decided to go and find her. They found her address pretty quickly. They packed a bag—one for each of them—and left their home.

"Five-one-five Larrabee, right?" he asked for confirmation.

"Yes," Eleven confirmed, looking past Nine and at the man. "Five fifteen."

"All right, 'Five fifteen.' Sure."

"Thank you," Nina spoke as El got out of the car.

"Hey," he called out, "You apologize to your mama, yeah? Must be scared half to death. How longs it been?"

"Long time," Eleven helped Nine out of the truck.

They watched as the truck drive away. Once it did, they walked down the path to the house, knowing that their Mama was inside.

The door was a red one, a little beaten down. Eleven knocked—more like pounding—and waited for an answer. When they didn't get one, Nine tried, and this time she curled her hands into fists and actually knocked.

"Go away! I'm not interested!" A woman's voice came from inside.

That wasn't an answer they expected, so they kept knocking on the door repeatedly.

"Look, I don't want your Thin Mints, all right, kids?" A woman—who wasn't their Mama—answered the door.

"Thin Mints?" Eleven questioned as Nine furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"Or your religious mumbo jumbo. Whatever you're selling, I ain't buying, okay?"

"But—" She closed the door on their faces, completely cutting off what Nina was going to say.

The girls shared a look of determination and also a knowing look. Eleven opened the door with her powers, a string of blood falling from her nose.

"We want to see Mama."

The woman looked at them with some confusion, but ultimately let them in. They walked inside the house, looking around. The woman led them into the living room where their Mama was. She was saying the exact same words when they both saw her.