"It'll help with the itching."

"What itching? There's itching?" Luther stammered, "What the hell is going on here?" Realization hit him, "You do have a plan."

The boy exhaled, sharply, "Well, it's a desperation move, but..." He snatched his blazer, storming to the main room, "Since our brain dead siblings are incapable of meeting a simple deadline, i got no choice."

"No choice to what?"

"I have to find myself."

Echo eyes lit up, "Five, you genius!" She beamed.

Five checked his watch, "I just arrived in Dallas 15 minutes ago."

"Should I be worried about you?" Number one glanced between the teens.

"Luther, if you recall," The boy began stretching, "I was sent to 1963 on a job by the Commission to make sure the president was assassinated."

"Oh!" It finally hit the man, "So, wait, your old self is out there."

The boy rolled his head in a circled, "Precisely."

"What, just walking around Dallas?"

"Walking around Dallas with a briefcase that can get us home."

"Oh, my God. Five, you're a genius."

The red-head slapped the mans forearm, "That's what I'm saying!"

"However, there are two significant problems with this plan." The boy shoot down their happiness, "Problem number one: I am a trained assassin, arguably the most dangerous assassin in the space-time continuum."

"I could take you."

"If I know me, I'm not going to react kindly to bumping into myself." He dismissed her 'what he thought' was a lie, "Problem number two, and this is a real fly in the ointment here: you're not supposed to exist in close proximity to yourself in the same timeline. The side effects can be disastrous."

"Side effects?" Luther wondered, "What kind of side effects?"

"Well, according to Commission Handbook Chapter twenty-seven, subsection three-B, the seven stages of paradox psychosis are..." Five counted off with his fingers, "Stage one: denial, two: itching, three: extreme thirst and urination, four: excessive gas, five: acute paranoia, six: uncontrollable perspiration, and seven:" He paused for dramatic flair, "Homicidal rage."

"Homicidal rage?"

"Yeah."

"Jeez, I don't know. This maybe isn't a good idea."

"It's a Hail Mary. But what choice do we got, Luther?"

"I don't know, you already seem a bit squirrelly if I'm being honest."

"Look, Luther, I'm gonna need you to help me get through this one. " Five stood face to face with his brother, well, face to chest, "I need a spotter."

"A spotter?"
"Yeah."
"What is that? Like, a wingman?"

"In case the paradox psychosis gets too severe, I need you to help me stay on task, all right? So, whatever happens, whatever I say, we need to get that briefcase. Okay?

"Okay."

"W-wait..." Echo stumbled after the boy, "What do I do? What's my role?" she shook her shoulders on the last word.

"You're the distraction." He sighed, twisting to her, "This Five believes you're locked up at the Commission, still mute. He's contemplating giving you the letter. Hopefully seeing you speaking will be enough to soften him up a bit."