2-3: The Pollywog

Mulai dari awal

Dustin opened up his Ghostbuster's contraption from Halloween and inside was this weird, slimy tadpole-like creature. I went to poke it but Dustin stopped me. I looked up at the rest of the boys as Dustin shut the box. 

"I don't understand." Lucas told us.

"What do you not understand?" Mike asked. 

"Will saw something that looked like Dart last year?" Lucas asked for confirmation.

"Kind of, but there was no tail." Will mumbled. 

"But then he heard it yesterday. The exact same sound." Mike leaned on the table.

"What sound?" I questioned. 

"The sound that Dart makes." Dustin explained. I nod in understanding. "Why didn't you tell us before? Dustin asked Will.

"I wasn't sure." Will muttered, upset by the situation.

"A coincidence." Dustin defended. 

"Or not." Mike argued. "What if when Will was stuck in the Upside down, he somehow acquired True Sight?" 

"True Sight?" I asked.

"It gives you the power to see into the ethereal plane." Dustin explained.

Lucas sighed, moving his hand in a circular motion. "Elaborate." 

"Maybe these episodes that Will keeps having aren't really flashbacks at all. Maybe they're real. Maybe Will can somehow see into the Upside Down." Mike explained his theory to us, and I raised my eyebrows in shock.

"So that would mean..." Lucas began, but was cut off by Mike.

"Dart is from the Upside Down." 

Lucas sighed once more as he looked between all of us. "We have to take him to Hopper."

"I agree." Mike nodded, but we all turned when Dustin spoke up.

"No. No way. If we take him to Hopper, Dart's as good as dead." 

"Maybe he should be." Mike argued.

"How can you say that?" Dustin asked, offended. 

"How can you not? He's from the Upside Down." Mike raised his voice a bit.

"Maybe. But even if he is, it doesn't automatically mean that he's bad." Dustin defended Dart.

"That's like saying just because someone's from the Death Star doesn't make them bad." Mike explained.

"We have a bond." Dustin mumbled, getting sad.

"A bond? Just because he likes nougat?" Mike rolled his eyes.

"No, because he trusts me!" 

"He trusts you?" Lucas asked, skeptical. 

"Yes, I promised I would take care of him." Dustin was getting frustrated, but all of the arguing stopped when Dart screeched from inside of the box. It began shaking violently, and it was clear to us that Dart was trying to escape. The door banged once more.

"Guys, what's going on? Come on." The girl shouted from outside. The box flipped to its side and Mike darted to grab a weapon.

"Don't hurt him." Dustin demanded.

"Only if he attacks." Mike explained, and Lucas pointed at the box.

"Just open it already." Lucas requested, and Dustin reached for the button to open the box. He pressed the button, and Dart came out of the box almost like it had been spat out. It looked to be about twice as big as it was before, and we all stepped back in shock. "Holy shit!"