1-7: The Bathtub

"Hey." A woman came into the station, directing her greeting towards us. "Jonathan?" She asks, looking at the boy in handcuffs. "Jesus, what... what happened?" Her tone raised, clearly panicking a bit.

"Ma'am..." An officer began but Jonathan spoke up.

"I'm fine." He kept his head down.

"Why is he wearing handcuffs?" She asked the officer.

"Well, your boy assaulted a police officer. That's why." It clicked to me that this was Jonathan's mom, and I could definitely see the similarities between the two.

"Take them off." She demanded. 

"I'm afraid I cannot do that." He started but was quickly shut down by Jonathan's mom's screaming.

"Take them off!" She shouted.

"You heard her. Take 'em off." A man, the same one who had interrogated the boys and I back when Will first went missing, demanded of the officer. 

"Chief, I get everyone's emotional here, but there's something you need to see." Another officer, the other one that arrested Jonathan, spoke up in a calm tone. He asked for the chief to follow him and the other officer followed the two outside. A few minutes passed before the chief came back in carrying a box and set it down on the table in front of us. Jonathan's mother looked inside before reaching in and grabbing some of the items.

"What is this?" She asked the chief.

"Why don't you ask your son? We found it in his car." The chief mumbled.

"What?" The mother asked as Jonathan spoke up.

"Why are you going through my car?" 

"Is that really the question you should be asking right now?" The chief began, bending down to lean into Jonathan. "I wanna see you in my office." He demanded and began walking away until Jonathan spoke.

"You won't believe me." Jonathan told the man, who promptly turned back around and walked towards Jonathan again to lean into him once more. 

"Why don't you give me a try?" He spoke softly,  to which Jonathan didn't respond. He got up from his seat and followed the chief into his office. 

~

"You say blood draws this thing?" The chief asked as Jonathan handed him a picture of Barbara sitting out by a pool-- Steve's pool, to be specific, with a Demogorgon menacingly standing behind her. The chief stared at the picture almost in disbelief or possibly boredom, or maybe it was because he wasn't surprised. 

"We don't know." Jonathan mumbled. 

"It's just a theory." I nodded, looking up at the chief. Jonathan and his mother locked eyes before the two of them left the room to talk in private. I glanced over at Nancy and sighed softly, to which she nodded her head and looked away. A moment passed before some shouting from the main room could be faintly heard.

"I want an apology!" 

"An apology for what exactly?" A man asked as the chief opened the door to go figure out what all the shouting was about. 

"Where is the chief? I want to speak to him right this instant." The woman that was shouting persisted. I got up from where I was sitting and went over to the door, peeking out of it to hear and see what was going on. 

"Ma'am, I need you to calm down." The officer with the glasses asked of her. The woman was standing there with her child behind her.

"What is your name, Deputy?" She asked with a demanding tone.