3-6: E Pluribus Unum

Steve, Dustin and I all looked between one another, knowing exactly what was happening inside of the lab now.

"The gate." The three of us mumbled in unison, my voice wavering a bit. It was almost hard getting the words out of my mouth.

We began quickly heading back down the steps, Robin speaking to us after hearing us speak to one another. "I don't understand. You've seen this before?" She questioned us. 

"Not exactly." Steve answered. 

"Then what, exactly?" Robin asked in a bit of a panic. 

"All you need to know is it's bad." I replied vaguely, not wanting Robin and Erica to be caught up in all of the evil shit that went down the last few years. 

"It's really bad." Steve agreed. 

"Like, end-of-the-human-race-as-we-know-it kind of bad." Dustin reiterated. 

"And you know about this how?" Robin interrogated us as we all approached the room from before. 

"Um, Steve? Where's your Russian friend?" Erica asked, drawing our attention to her and her question. 

Steve looked down where the man once was only to see a small pool of blood remaining. Not a second later, a loud alarm began blaring all throughout the facility, red lights flashing on and off. 

"Shit." Steve quickly spat out as he ran over to the door, opening it a little to peek out at the Russians that were tending to their hurt friend in the middle of the hallway. They then looked up and immediately spotted Steve, shouting at him as they ran towards the door. Steve quickly shut it and looked at us before ushering us down the hallway. "Go, go, go!" He yelled, causing Dustin to take off running down the hallway and through a door, leading the group. "Move! Let's move!" Steve continued ushering, the alarm blaring growing more and more intense. 

Dustin immediately halted his running as he entered through a door that just so happened to be the control panel room we had once previously seen. The men in lab coats turned to look at us in confusion, and Dustin quickly ran to the left. Steve continued ushering and shouting at us to hurry our running, as we were almost certain that the Russians were following us. We ran down into an area outside of the control panel where there was railing lining thin walkways. Dustin shrieked as he pushed passed a man wearing a hazmat suit, and Russians with large guns chased after us and shouted at each other in their language. 

Dustin ran the wrong way when we made it to the end of the walkway, standing right beside the large laser that was trying to open up the gate. "Holy shit! Holy shit! Shit! Holy shit! Holy shit!" Dustin repeated over and over again, panting and gasping for air before screeching once more. "Holy shit!" 

Steve turned as he was the one in the back of the line and ran in the opposite direction, shoving a man in a hazmat suit out of his way. As he ran, more guards coming from a connecting hallway started towards us. Steve acted quickly, pushing some metal barrels their way that hit them and stopped them in their tracks temporarily. The rest of the group all ran into a room, Steve coming up the rear behind us all. Robin, Erica and Dustin all headed towards a vent in the floor that was large enough to fit people inside, while Steve and I held the door shut as hard as we could, the Russians on the other side hitting and slamming against the door to try and get it open. 

Erica opened the vent and Dustin stood beside it. "Come on! Let's go!" He told us, trying to get us out of there. Erica and Robin already climbed their way inside of the vent but Dustin stayed behind, trying to get us inside. 

"Just go!" Steve yelled back at him. 

"Come on!" Dustin tried once more, but Steve wouldn't have it.