prologue

in all honesty, nini was debating every single life choice right now. her mind was fixated by the images that were taken over her computer screen.

she was looking at this grad school that everyone was talking about. apparently, it was seen as the best place for science geeks, like her, to go to.

now, she wouldn't consider herself to be a nerd but she actually liked science. she understood it and she liked figuring things out, most of the time. some people would call it psychopathic but she called it as the thing that changed her life, for the better.

she contemplated as she looked at the screen, two male professors popping up. one male had curly, brown hair, although she couldn't exactly make it out as she wasn't wearing her glasses and other male had dark hair that looked slicked back with hair gel.

she noticed that one of them was smiling but the other looked extremely reserved, quiet, calm? she couldn't really make it out from his facial expression because let's face it, the only person who knew how he was feeling in that photo was him.

there was an application letter that was linked to the website and god, was she scared. what would her moms think? i feel like the answer would be proud but then again, a bit shocked that she was finally going to follow her dream and get the life she deserved.

and quite frankly, the boy she deserved too...