chapter 11

"good morning!" everyone could gather that nini was in a good mood, stopping and saying hello to everyone as she passed.

and she felt confident too, she knew that today was going to be a good day. she knew that harrison was going to go through with her deal and she knew that she was going down the path which was designed for her.

she stopped when she saw him though, talking to what seemed to be a student who was fascinated with him, just like how she was and she couldn't stop smiling at the thought.

"nini! come in, make yourself comfortable, i won't be long" he ushered the student out of the room and shut the door behind him, his movements slow.

"i'm so happy that you are giving me a chance! i've been waiting for the moment forever and i-"

"listen nini, there's no easier way to say this but i haven't chosen you"

she felt her heart break into a million pieces, she was surprised that she was able to get a word out after.

"what?!"

"as much as you are a great scientist, i think you should focus on your studies at stem, rather than doing something which you won't enjoy"

"but-"

"it's not you, it's me, i have to be professional about this but god, if you worked for me, i wouldn't be able to focus on anything"

"why?" he leaned over nini, becoming increasingly closer to her, the girl could feel the warmth of his breath and that made her extremely uncomfortable.

"you make me feel things nini, and i hate to ignore it"

"no, we can't, i have a boyfriend"

"please, we all know that it's a facade, i've seen the way you look at me" he grabbed hold of her wrist and yanked her forward, the pressure to tight.

she wanted to scream at him but she couldn't do that, ricky and him were friends and if she told him what he was trying to do, it would be a pretty shitty thing to do.

so instead, she pushed him away from her, shoving him so hard that he stumbled back. was he actually trying to kiss her without her consent? or was it a dream?

either way, she sobbed the whole way home and went to the person she needed the most at the moment.

she stood by the door, knocking desperately. a couple of months ago, she would have never thought that he would be the person she would go to in a crisis but look at how times have changed.

the door swung open and there he was, the only person who truly understood her.

ricky.