Mark gave a cheeky grin to him and smirked towards me. However before he can say something I beat him to it.

"Buddy your uncle have a very important work tomorrow. He will play with you day after tomorrow, right Mark."

"Yes baby your dad is correct we'll play on day after tomorrow." Mark said while mouthing 'You owe me one.'

I rolled my eyes to his statement while Liam happily agreed. Meanwhile our dinner as well as Liam's cookies arrived. We had our dinner with me helping Liam munch on cookies and much to his dismay feeding him vegetable soup as well. Me and Mark discussed some of the business deals and had a light conversation.

Once we were done with dinner we decided to leave since Liam was yawning though he wouldn't agree that he was sleepy.

"It's been days since we went clubbing, man. Let's go tonight, what do you say ?" Mark said leaning on his car.

"I can't today since my parents aren't here to monitor Liam. I can't leave him alone."

"I'm not asking you to leave him alone. Drop Liam at my parent's place. They were insisting that I ask you to come over as they were missing you guys."

"I don't wanna bother them right now and Liam is also behaving fussy so I don't think it will be wise to leave him there."

"As you say man. I won't insist you since it's related to Liam. We'll plan something else soon."

"Yeah sure."

"Come here champ, we will surely go for ice-cream next time, okay ?" Mark said to Liam and tried to take him from me but he turned his face on my shoulder instead.

His mood is something I don't understand since he was happy just a while back. I gave a small smile to Mark as a silent apology. He just blinked his eyes at me and left in his car after dropping a kiss on Liam's forehead.

I had asked the driver to leave the car here since I plan to drive back. I placed Liam in his car seat and buckled him as well as myself up. The drive was calm but it wasn't pleasant one. Liam was still silent and wanting to cheer him up I asked,

"So who wants belgium chocolate mousse ?"

He just pouted his lips and shook his head side to side indicating no. I can't believe this is the second time he is refusing chocolate.

"C'mon buddy I have already promised you that you will meet Aria tomorrow itself. But for that you need to be happy as she will feel bad if you are sad you know." I tried this statement hoping his mood will be uplifted.

"Papa Ariii won't meet me ?" He asked with tears glistening his eyes.

Oh no this is the complete opposite of what I had assumed.

I pulled the car over and picked him up in my arms whilst gently stroking his back.

"No buddy. Aria will love to meet and play with you. You know right she told you that she really likes it when you smile so c'mon no more tears now. We want Aria to see happy Liam don't we now ?" I said the last part while tickling him at the sides hoping that would work and it did.

He giggled softly and gave me his toothy smile. I breathed a sigh of relief looking at his smiley face. He placed his head on my chest and clung to me. I rubbed his back to comfort him. After a few minutes, I noticed he was feeling drowsy so I tried placing him in the car seat but in return his hold on my shirt tightened. Not wanting to ruin his sleep I let him be on my chest knowing he'll be asleep soon.

My mind drifted to what my mother had mentioned once Liam was blabbering about his playtime with Aria to her. She had said that children easily get attached to the ones who make them feel loved. Recalling back to all the moments that Liam had spent with Aria, I noticed how well she had handled him even though he was being stubborn or how she made him understand the reasons for saying no. I was quite surprised when I saw Liam take everything so seriously when she is the one saying it.

Liam's soft snores as well as my phone vibrating in my pocket pulled me out of my thoughts. It was Mark again. I softly and gently placed Liam in the car seat. I texted Mark so that Liam won't be disturbed.

'All good ?' ~ Nathan

'Yeahhhhh but you gotta see this man.' Attached a video file ~ Mark

I opened the video to see a woman in black dress dancing in the middle of the dance floor of what I assume is a club. She was dancing with one more woman but my attention was on her. The way she swayed her hips and sensually trailed her fingers over the arm was seemingly innocent but my mind said otherwise so. Through her movements and the way she smiled even though it was dark I could make out the woman was none other than my Aria. She was in her own world and hence she didn't notice those hungry fuckers eyeing her. My innocent beauty. I sighed thinking this. From the video it seems that she is drunk. Sober Aria wouldn't behave so freely.

'You still not coming to the club man ?' ~ Mark

'I'll be there in 20 and Mark keep an eye on her for me will ya.' ~ Nathan

'Of course man.' ~ Mark

I called up Martha and asked her to stay with Liam till I come back. She is a sweet 40 years old lady and our family trusts her so I know Liam will be safe with her. She stays not too far from my apartment building. I placed Liam in his car seat and started driving towards the penthouse.

Within 20 minutes I reached the building. I parked my car in the basement and carefully picked up Liam. He stirred a bit so I patted his back. Upon entering my apartment I directly went to Liam's room and made him sleep on the bed. I placed pillows around him and kissed his forehead.

Landline ringed in the living room so I went downstairs. It was the receptionist asking me to allow Martha in or not. I gave her the permission and went to the kitchen to drink some water since I was thirsty. The elevator pinged indicating she have arrived so I went to the living room.

"Good Evening Mr Parker." Martha greeted poiltely.

"Hello Martha. Thank you for coming on short notice. Liam is currently fast asleep and won't probably up because of the jet lag but in case he does just pat his head."

"Sure Mr Parker."

"Also you can stay on the guest room in the 202 apartment once I come back. It might take me some time to be back so later it wouldn't be safe for you to go back to your place."

"Okay Mr Parker. Thank you."

"You can go to Liam's room now."

She nodded and went in Liam's room. I decided to take a quick shower since my muscles were sore from jet lag. I took 10 minutes hot shower and instantly felt better. I wore a black button down with blue jeans. I combed my wet hair with hands and took my mobile, keys and wallet with me. I wore my black shoes and went to Liam's room to check on him before leaving. He was fast asleep and Martha was on the sofa reading some book.

I went downstairs and picked my black Audi A8L and drove towards the address sent by Mark. It took me hardly 15 minutes to reach there since the traffic was minimal. The bouncer didn't ask for my id once he looked at me. I texted Mark where he was to which he replied VIP area on the upper floor.

However before I go there, the view of the bar area had my hands clenched into fists.

"Hands off her you fucker."

Hope you guys are healthy and safe. Sorry for the delay and please forgive me for it. Let me know about your views about this chapter and do vote if you like it !!