2

I roll on my side instantly regretting it as I do. Pain shoots through my body making me hiss out. "Reagan?"

I open my eyes to see my brother Declan. His brown hair is dirty and oily like he hasn't bathed yet. His light blue eyes are bloodshot and he has a beard growing. "Declan?" I rasp.

He walks to me and hugs me. I feel his tears hit my shoulder. "I thought, I thought I lost you too!" He cries.

"I'm fine," I try making him smile. He steps back as the door opens showing our Alpha. He is pale. Really pale. I bow my head. Why is he here?

"She's awake," Declan says clearly happy. Declan is not one of my quintuplets, he's our older brother by four years.

"Don't bow to me," Alpha Archer orders with a faint smile. I almost want to smile to see if that would help them.

"I'm sorr-"

"Don't be sorry, " Alpha adds and I nod my head. We fall into silence.

"What happened?" I ask them once the awkwardness of pure silence gets to me.

"You lost a lot of blood and it made it hard to find the person with the same O negative and we were pressed for time. "

"What are you getting at Declan. Wait do I have someones lung! " I shout making both men laugh.

"No you are being out under watch for a few weeks," Declan says nervously. He looks over at Alpha Archer with some sort of fear.

"Why?"

"You have my blood in your veins. I have O negative blood and I was the only one, at that time, capable of donating the blood," Alpha Archer explains. My heart stops, and I do mean literally, for a second. The heart monitor even picked it up. I have Alpha blood in me.

"But, but, but that's forbidden," I stutter. Declan nods his head slowly.

"It is. It so is and you could have died either way but I'm sure the Alpha blood would have been more painful," Declan mutters. An Alpha giving anyone that is not of the same rank is forbidden because the lower rank would die or become so over filled with anger and power.

"What's going to happen to me?" I whisper. Alpha Archer sets his jaw.

"Nothing and I promise you that. No one is going to hurt you." Alpha Archer seethes out.

"School? Work? What am I going to be able to do. I have a 4.0 GPA that I have to keep up!" The heart monitor shows that my heart is speeding up.

"The principal said he would have a tutor for you and you have a job?" Alpha Archer says. I nod my head while giving him a crazy look.

"I'm a tracker. I have training and pup watch and homework and and and-"

"Just relax. I have it all handled. I am the Alpha after all," Alpha Archer says. He seems rather confused himself.

"I'm going to get you food," Declan mutters as he leaves.

"I have everything under control as we wait this out," Alpha Archer says. Everything swirls in my head.

"You don't understand, Alpha! I had to work for my place! I am the runt out of six kids if you couldn't tell. I have no use besides tracking!" I shout at him.

"Calm down. Just take deep breaths."

"Have you even talked to the Alpha boy we captured?"

"Um, no. I've been here for a few days," he admits shyly. Wait days? Days!

"How long have I been out?"

"Four days. It could have been worse. All of your ribs were broke and you have bone fragments stuck in your lung. There was internal bleeding and slower healing," he lists off. I almost died. I out my head in my hands and tug at my hair. I could have died for my Alpha. The man standing in front of me.