❀𝟺

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑: 𝙽𝚘𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚂𝚊𝚖𝚎

A familiar voice filled the silence, Aurora hadn't heard that voice in a long time but she knew exactly who it was.

Aurora turned around to see a boy a few inches taller than her with light brown hair and those shiny green eyes that seemingly glow in the dark. Although she didn't know his name, she still remembered what he did for her all those years ago. But something wasn't right, he shouldn't look like that anymore.

"You."

"Me."

She narrowed her eyes at him, not even sure if he was really who he looked like or if it was a shapeshifter playing pretend. The boy noticed her skepticism and grinned at her smarts,

"I have a lot of questions for you sir." Aurora addressed the boy, he raised his eyebrows at the use of sir but nodded his head and leaned his side against the tree next to him.

"Go on."

"How did you find me here, and more specifically, how are you here?" The dark forest wasn't a pleasant place to be if you weren't used to it, lots of creatures were around the place; they weren't the nicest either.

"You can say I've changed a bit since you last saw me, I can do a lot more than just run away from scary men." The boy fought to keep eye contact with Aurora as he spoke, bringing up their past interaction in attempt to affirm his identity.

"That doesn't explain how you found me, not to mention how you still look the same." Aurora folded her arms over her chest, still skeptical of the boy who just showed up out of no where. The boy raised an eyebrow at the girl,

"I could say the same thing about you, still quite young and didn't lose your beauty either." The boy smirked while giving his rebuttal, Aurora breathed a laugh at his in affective flirting and dodging of the question.

"Yeah alright. Well, if your not going to tell me why your here then at least tell me your name this time." Aurora leaned down to pick up the woven basket next to her, taking it in both of her hands and walking closer to the boy. Despite his sudden appearance and very sketchy nature, she didn't sense any danger from him.

"Oh where are my manners, I'm Peter, Peter Pan."

Aurora nodded her head and walked past the tree he was leaning on, walking in the direction of a closer ingredient she needed.

"Well Peter, I have business to attend to. The old hag will have my head if I don't get them by night fall." Peter stood up straight and caught up to Aurora who was walking away, deciding that it would be fun to go where she was going.

"Old hag? So your still with that witch that took you?" Peter laughed at her nickname for such a powerful woman, he gathered that after all those years living with the witch must have dulled Aurora's fear of her.

"Unfortunately that old woman can't seem to let me go, otherwise who else would go fetch her precious ingredients for random potions every other day." Sarcasm dripped off her tongue, it truely annoyed Aurora that she had to do the Enchantresses bidding every day; why can't that witch get her own toads feet.

"If she lets you out, why haven't you ran?" Peter asked, he couldn't sense any tracker magic attached to her so he couldn't see why she couldn't just run away. Aurora turned to him with a colder expression, obviously she had tried many times to escape and paid the price but it wasn't only the punishments keeping her there.

"First off, of course I've tried to run away before and the times I did only resulted in punishments that aren't the easiest to deal with. But then there's a whole other problem," Aurora reaches out to her neck that has a necklace hanging from it, the end piece tucked away into the top of her dress. She pulled out the end which had a stone wrapped in golden wire that seemed to move when you looked at it to long.

"This is enchanted with her magic, it's not a tracker per say but it's powerful enough to keep me in a certain radius of the cottage." Peter reached out to touch the necklace, twisting it in his hands and examining it. He attempted to pull it over Aurora's head but was met with a powerful force causing the necklace to tighten around her neck, he caught on straight away and let the necklace drop out of his hand.

"As you just saw, I can't take it off either." Peter tilted his head to the side as he placed his hands on his belt,

"Have you tried using your magic to break the bond?" Aurora narrowed her eyes at Peter, only she knew about that. He saw the confusion on her face and raised his eyebrow at her surprise.

"You didn't think I could tell? Love, you have a stronger aura of magic than you think." Aurora upon hearing his words began to worry, if Peter could sense it then she could without a doubt. What if she already knows? Wait, hold on, how could he-

"Are you alright darling-"

"How could you sense my aura, your not a magic user." Aurora questioned the boy, confusion clawing at her mind. It seemed the more she talked to Peter, the more she got confused about everything.

"Like I said before Love, I'm different from when you last saw me. Magic is one of those changes."

Aurora looked off to the side in thought, deciding to check herself whether he was telling the truth or not and grabbed his hand. Peter looked at her confused about what she was doing before he saw the look on her face.

"My god, where did you get that kind of power from?" Aurora felt the rush of magic coming from Peter's hand and couldn't help but compare it to the likes of the Enchantress. He looked at her change in expression and smiled at it, she looked impressed and almost a little intimidated.

"I live on an island in another realm called Neverland, I'm the protector of it and that's where my magic is at its most powerful." Peter gave her a short explanation, leaving out a lot of details but getting to the point. She didn't need to know everything, just the general idea.

Before Peter was just curious and a bit relieved to see how Aurora was alive but now his objective had changed, he had a whole new plan.

"I've heard that name before." Aurora remembered that the witch had said something about a pied piper taking children away to Neverland about 20 years about but didn't take much notice to it until now.

"You know what that doesn't matter right now, so if your magic is as strong as I felt from just your hand, you could break the enchants on the necklace?" Aurora dismissed the odd topic they were approaching and focused on what she was concerned about most; getting out of there.

"Well it depends, I could break it but I don't know what the intentions were for it's making. This type of enchantment could do some damage to you if not broken right." Aurora sighed at the complications that were showing up, she just wanted to leave as soon as she possibly could.

"Maybe start off with telling me your name." Peter smirked at Aurora who looked at him with slight embarrassment.

"Oh, it's Aurora Shire." She felt weird saying her last name after not using it for years, but saying it brought her good memories of the past.

"Aurora, that's a beautiful name." Peter smiled at the girl, he should have guessed that such enchanting lady would have a name to match. Aurora shook her head but smiled at his complement, it was nice to talk to someone who wasn't the witch or her lackeys.

She looked up to the leaf covered sky and remembered what she had to do that day, but gained an idea.

"How about we plan my escape another time," Aurora started as she stepped closer to the boy, smiling up at him before finishing her sentence.

"Wanna go on an adventure to find potion ingredients?"

Peter chuckled and shrugged his shoulders,

"I got nothing better to do."

And the pair set off.