Post-traumatic stress disorder

Start from the beginning

"Tell Xiao to visit me when he's done with that the surprise." He said.

My eyes widened, "I didn't mention any surprise-" I could see that his eyes widened as well.

I gasped, "Zhongli, do you know what he's up to?!" I asked.

He chuckled, "Of course I do." He picked up the cloth on the floor and went to a bucket of water that was standing on a table.

"Hey wait- give me a hint at least!!" I yelled after him, but he ignored me and dipped the cloth into the bucket, cleaning it up.

What?
Zhongli knows what Xiao is doing?
Maybe that's what Xiao wanted to talk to him about...
Who else knows?

Zhongli walked back over to me with the cold wet cloth.
"Lay back down. Rest a little, it's the middle of the night, you were unconscious for a few hours." He said, he put his hand to my forehead and bucked me slowly back down.

He put the cold cloth to on my forehead.
"Xiao should be back soon, he never stays out the whole night anymore." I said as I had laid back down. Zhongli pulled the blanket over me.

He nodded in response. "I'll wait here until he's back. You may rest, I'll fix the bed and move you there later." He said with a gentle smile.

"Thank you..." I thanked him and closed my eyes.

3rd pov:

Zhongli changed the bedsheets and threw the ruined ones away.

When he had finished he looked down towards Y/n. Her eyes were closed and her breathing was even. She had fallen asleep.

He kneeled down to her and put one arm under her legs and one behind her back, he picked her up and walked back to the bed, the blanket still covering her.

Zhongli gently put her down on the bed and let her rest.

As he was going to sit down on a chair next to her, Xiao all of a sudden teleported into the room.

Xiao looked surprised as Zhongli was here.
Zhongli however was jumpscared.

"Zhongli, you're here?" Xiao asked.

"Yes I came to speak with you, but you were busy with what I assume is the surprise for Y/n?" Zhongli asked him.

Xiao looked towards Y/n who was sleeping on the bed.
He then looked back towards Zhongli.

"Let's speak about this outside, I don't want her to possibly wake up and hear anything." Xiao said and they stepped outside and up the stairs to the balcony.

-

Xiao and Zhongli were both standing with the fence, looking down and towards the sea.

"I assume she said yes to the proposal?" Zhongli said.

Xiao nodded, "She did."

Zhongli chuckled, "When you first asked for my permission to marry her, I thought you had hit your head on something." Zhongli said.

Xiao looked away, slightly embarrassed.
"I thought about it for a while, even when we were in The Chasm." Xiao said. "I thought, if we both get out of here alive, I'll find a ring." He said.

Zhongli smiled and hummed. "I'm sure you'll have a good future together." He said.

"So what do you wish to do now?" Zhongli asked him. Xiao looked at him, slightly confused, but then had a small smile.

"I'm sure you are aware I will not be continuing to guard Wangshu Inn." Xiao said. Zhongli nodded. "I knew as soon as she was back. You and Y/n are reunited now, there was a low possibility that you two would stay like you used to two years ago." Zhongli said.

Xiao looked up to the dark sky. "I think I understand you more now." He said.

Zhongli looked at him, "What do you mean?"

"Why you want to live such a life. Why you left your position as an archon." Xiao said.
"I want to live with Y/n now, hang out in the city, eat meals together, almost like common folks." He said slightly embarrassed by his words.

Zhongli laughed lightly, "I remember many years ago when you were first introduced to her, you didn't want anything to do with her." He said, remembering their first meeting which he clearly remembered.

Xiao mentality slapped himself as he remembered. If Y/n hadn't grabbed his hand that day when he was about to leave, none of this might've happened.

"If I'm right, you asked for her sisters permission for your engagement as well?" Zhongli asked.

Xiao nodded, glaring into the air as he remembered that time.

Yae Miko had practically made him beg for her permission as she was too stubborn to give her sister away to another.
But in the end, he got a firm 'yes' from her.

The two men stood in silence for a while.
Zhongli then spoke, "I'd like to talk about that surprise you have for her." He said.

Xiao nodded, "Yes, I wanted to talk about it with you as well, I need help with it." Xiao told him.

-

Inside, Y/n was peacefully sleeping, not aware of their conversation outside.

-

After their talk, Xiao walked inside to room again and laid down next to her. Zhongli had told him about when he arrived, he found Y/n in a bad state. Xiao was worried but decided not to wake her up and ask her about it tomorrow.

He caressed her cheek, "Tomorrow, just wait until tomorrow and everything will be perfect." He kissed her cheek and pulled her close, holding her as he also fell asleep.