II; iii a chaotic trip to the cinemas

chapter three
a chaotic trip to the cinemas

     RAVEN BOUNCED UP and down on Will's bed, watching as the boy ranted and wrote notes on his notebook, with his pen gripped tightly that it might break, the songs from Will's mixtape blasting from his cassette player. The boy's been ranting to her and so was she, all the while writing something for the party's campaign, Raven suggesting things mid sentence.

     "It just feels stupid," he said, "They're in love, I get it . . . But why do they have to do it in front of me — in front of us, Max and Lucas doesn't." The sudden mention of the couple made Raven stiff, tripping and falling on the softness of his mattress, he turned to her with sadness in his eyes, the girl feeling as though she was being pitied, shaking her head with a laugh.

     "Oh come on, don't look at me like that. You know how I hate being given that look." Raven brushed it off, lying comfortably on his bed instead, looking at his needs-to-be-painted ceiling.

      "Sorry." He looked back down to his notes, carrying onto his rants. "They've been spending the whole summer together, they barely even have time for us." Will sighed, sounding as though he has this heavy weight on his shoulders, trying to have it off. "They've been all over each other, it's annoying. Since they've been together, he's been an asshole to me, to you, to everyone."

     "He's always been an asshole," said Gorgon, earning a small smile and a shake of the head from Will.

     "Maybe . . . You know, sometimes I just wish for him to look at me the way he used to, that kind of look that says he cares for me, that he too has feelings for me — but I think that's just me romanticizing things that are supposed to be platonic," his voice sounds pained, shoulders falling as the pen slipped from his hand. "Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for them, of course I am."

     "Oh, come on, Will." Raven got up from where she lied, walking up to the bowl headed boy with a soft look on her face, settling just behind him. "There's lots of other people out there, even nicer and kinder than Mikey. You just gotta wait and see, let him be."

     "Rhyme things one more time, and I am going to eat your insides," Gorgon threatened, Will's face getting taken over by a small smile.

     "I'd like to see you try." Raven tapped the top of Gorgon's head, the entity shaking its head with a face formed into a scowl. She turned to Will, looking over his shoulder to peek his notes. "Move on, you'll find someone better."

     "It's not that easy." Will slumped on his seat.

     "I know." She leaned closer to the desk, trying to read things clearer. "It takes time."

     "Speaking from experience, huh?" Will smirked, tone mocking with a touch of sass.

     "Shut up."

     "No, he's got a point," the entity agreed, "Though she's still completely into—"

     "La la la la la la la!" Raven yelled over Gorgon, Will's face now filled with amusement as he laughed.

     "No, no, finish the sentence, Gorgon."

     "She—"

     "I WAS MADE FOR LOVING YOU BABY!" Wil's laugh grew louder as chaos fell upon them, Gorgon trying to finish its sentence only to be cut off over and over again by Raven.