xiii. favorite demogorgon

chapter thirteen
favorite demogorgon

     HOPPER, JOYCE, AND Mike walked down the eeriely hall, the only source of light being the red flashes from what seemed to be the alert light. They all huddled side by side, Hopper leading the way with his rifle pointed forward, he managed to carry an unconscious Will, slung the boy by his shoulder so that he can still have access to both his upper limbs.

     Within minutes they've reached the last hall that would lead them to the exit, but before they could reach the door, Dr Owens spoke to Hopper's radio, telling them some kind of warning.

     "We've got something by the entrance, don't go yet," he said.

     "What is it?"

     "It's those dogs." Hopper peaked through the glass window of the door, seeing those dog like creatures lingering by the exit, as though guarding it from whoever dares to leave.

     "Hold him," said Hopper, letting Will slide to his arms, ready to pass it to Joyce.

     "What are you doing?" Joyce asked, holding onto Hopper's arms that held Will carefully, eyes looking into his with glint of questioning. She seemed to figure it out quick, looking over Hopper's shoulder and back to him, shaking her head, disagreeing with what he's thought of doing. "No."

     "I have to, Joyce," he insisted, "I have to get you guys out of here." He let Will slip from his arm and into Joyce's, fixing his hold on the rifle, ready to turn and face the vole creatures.

     He was about to turn the door's knob, but another one of those creatures entered the scene through the main door, only, it was bigger, taller than the others, about the size if a Demogorgon. He thought it would just join them into guarding the door, but it started attacking its own kind, slashing its claws to those smaller than it, throwing and thrashing some of them.

     "What's going on?" Joyce voiced his thoughts, looking from the stunned looking Hopper and following his gaze to see what has happened behind the metal door. "Why is it attacking the others?"

     "I don't know." The Demogorgon's right arm morphed into some kind of pointy knight's lance, stabbing, hitting the smaller ones of its kind, one had its throat slashed, while the other had a hole bore through its stomach.

     Mike had joined into them, peaking through the window, but it was too late. The only thing he saw were bodies of unconscious and dead dogs lying limp on the ground, and a Demogorgon bouncing up and down with it's claws balled into a fist, it looked as though it was in a boxing stance, ready for more.

     "What's it doing?"

     "That was amazing, Gorgon," said a muffled familiar voice that seemed to come from inside the entity. The Demogorgon slowly shrank by inches, its figure slowly sinking into a smaller frame who looked to be a human, and as it fully disappeared, a person was found standing where the entity once stood. "Woah, I didn't say get back in. What if some comes out of nowhere?" Raven's voice echoed to their ears, "What do you mean I can take it?" She started walking to the door next to where they were, still talking like she was having a conversation with someone they couldn't see. "Okay, yeah, deal. If you see someone wearing a white coat, has a clipboard by them, you are free to decide whether you want to eat it or not — but only the one with white coat and clipboard . . . Got it?"