Chapter 13

Comatose state day #13

~ Mako ~

Republic City Police Station holding cells.

"Here's your lunch. . .Mako." Officer Klein stated with a bit of disgust in his voice.

Mako grunted and turned to face the handsome but arrogant young police officer.

"Did you take care of it? Is it finished?"

"No, I wasn't able to get myself or any of your trash into the protection detail. They wanted me to stay here and look after you and the other prisoners. Right now, I'm keeping my guys out of the heat and off the radar. I won't risk any more of their lives for your psycho justice crusade. You need to face the facts, its over. You failed to kill her when you had the chance. Now she's going to be more protected than the Firelord."

A deep menacing growl rose out of Mako as he locked gazes with the young officer. Fire blazed within his eyes, glowing a bright crimson. Within a split second, before the metal bender could even blink, Mako had him by the throat through the bars.

"You better listen to me slime ball, its not over till I say its over. I'm already going down for what I did to Korra and all of those other traitorous bastards who protect and love her, so what makes you think I won't turn you into a human torch right here and now? . . . I've got nothing to lose." He growled out the last statement as he continues to lock gazes with the now trembling officer.

"Oh. . . or even better, I could 'let it slip' that a certain officer is a bit crooked. And that he helped me put everything together. . . you'd be charged right along side me. We wouldn't want your family to be put on any lists now, do we?"

"Alright, alright I get it. Just let go of me." He sighed and rubbed his neck as Mako stepped back into the cell taking his food with him. "I'll see what I can do. But I can't promise you anything. I wasn't joking when I said that they will be protecting the Avatar just as much, if not more, than the firelord. We need to be smart about this."

Mako sat in deep thought for a few moments.

Fuck, he's right! Korra and Asami are both going to be very heavily protected. . . . . But she has to die. Even if it's the last thing I ever do.

"Klein. . . . get Hideki and Tenahi, tell them. . . . that plan b is now in motion."

"But Mako, thats- that's a suicide mission for everyone invol-"

"Do it Klein! This doesn't end, until the Avatar is no longer breathing. Am I understood? And if we just so happen to put that traitorous bitch Sato down with her, then all the better for us."

Officer Klein stood there in front of Mako's cell staring at the fuming firebender. He didn't want to do this. It was just too crazy.

And then it hit him like a four ton polar bear dog.

"You do realize that you're the one in a cell right?. . .This is OVER, Mako. I don't have to do a damn thing anymore. And I'm not going to. I'm not putting my men in anymore danger. You've officially went from not so sane, to absolutely psychotic. I'm done. Go and tell the other officers about me. I'll be out of the city before they even start thinking about where to look first. So whatever you were planning, count me out. I never wanted in, in the first place."

The young officer went to turn and walk away, but didn't get 2 feet away when Mako firebent at him. He knew he would do that though, so he ducked and rolled to the side and shot out his metalbending cables that shocked the firebender upon contact, causing him to convulse and twitch with vigor until finally passing out a few long seconds later.