Chapter 11: Sue Me

Start from the beginning

"I mean, I could bring Leo too, we didn't really have any specific plans yet."

"It's up to you, but my little sister will be there."

"I like her. We have fun playing video games together," I defended.

"You might have fun with her, but she's so annoying around me."

I laughed quietly before our female teacher yelled for us to hit the changing rooms before the bell rang.

"So, what do you think about going to Clementine's for dinner," I asked Leo during lunch.

"Am I invited too," Tobey wondered.

"You know you're always invited. I mean last time you ate practically all the-," Clementine started before I cut her off.

"Last time," I interrupted, looking over at her.

"He might have come over before..."

"But you said Chicago was the first time you two had really hung out, and that was just yesterday."

"Well, I forgot about that one time. It's not a big deal. We ate dinner and played video games, and my little sister hogged it, so we... We played volleyball out back and talked, and... that's about it," she claimed, but I didn't fully believe her.

What turned out to be an evening just between me and Leo ended up being with Tobey, Clementine, her little sister and mom too. Her dad was working late, so he wasn't home.

"Would you like some more chicken, Tobey," her mom politely offered, Clementine almost snorting as she tried not to laugh with her mouth full. She looked over at Tobey, who was blushing slightly.

"Yeah, I'll take another piece," he accepted.

"It's nice having so many people over for dinner. I've always enjoyed having company."

"Yeah, my mom hosts all the parties for every event," Clementine emphasized.

"Do you want to play Mario Kart after we eat, Alyssa," Hazel, her little sister asked me.

"Sure, as long as I get to be Princess Peach this time," I replied.

"That's okay. I really like Yoshi the frog too."

"Yeah, he's my second favorite character."

Leo was eating a spoonful of mashed potatoes and corn mixed together, chewing slowly as we locked eyes for a moment.

"So, Leo, what college are you planning on going to," their mom questioned.

"I'm not sure yet, but probably one with a good science project. It's always been my best subject," he shared.

She nodded a tiny bit before standing. "Does anyone want more food before I put it up? I'm going to bring out dessert, which it's just cookies. I didn't have much time to make anything fancy."

"Cookies are awesome," Tobey stated.

"I was inspired by that huge one Clementine brought home from Chicago, so I made smaller, M&M cookies." Everyone instantly dug in, Tobey ending up with five somehow, while Leo settled for three.

"You boys and your cookies," I lightly teased, patting Leo's stomach before blushing. It really was firm even after he had a full meal. I couldn't help but feel that rush of desire I got whenever I thought about how hot he was. He lifted his gaze to meet with mine, since we were sitting directly beside each other. "I guess it's not hurting you any though. How do you stay in shape so well?" I wasn't sure how to detour the topic, feeling my skin growing warmer by the minute.