Chapter 26

Lian just got out of a meeting when he noticed his phone ringing and it was Zen. Again. It was not his style to take in calls on a meeting - with the exception if it was Kuea, so it was just now that he answered.

"Yes Zen."

"Why didn't you answer the phone? We've been calling you a million times!"

"On a meeting."

"What the-" he heard his friend cursed at his answer.

"What's with your 'million calls'? Is it something that matters?"

"Yes! It does!"

"Off with it then, go ahead -" before his friend could start he got another call. It was from one of Kueas' bodyguard. "Hang on a sec, got another call to answer."

"Hey, wait a -" he placed his friend on hold and answered Gio's call.

"Sir."

He knotted his forehead and looked at the caller ID again.

"Rin? Why are you holding Gio's phone? Where is -"

"Sir we've got a situation, Gio is injured and...."

What he heard next almost made his heart stop.

Dropping his phone out of panic, he immediately ran out of his office bumping onto Foei.

"Boss you've got to -" his boss ignored him and then he saw Lians phone on the carpeted floor, someone was on hold so he took the call. "Hello Sir Zen?"

"Foei? Where is Lian?"

"He just took off."

"S**t" then he hang up making a confuse secretary more confuse.

"What's going on?" he wondered.

"Aww." Diao hissed as the nurse dub a cotton ball with Betadine on his wounded cheek. He was rushed in the emergency room after a shootout happened on his way to University. It is a good thing that the bodyguard placed for him was quick and was able to aid him and just left a few scratches on his arms and face when he fell down trying to cover himself from the bullets.

"Diao!"

He looked when he heard the frantic voice of Hia Yi and went to immediately hug him.

"I'm glad you're safe."

"Hia, I'm ok. Sir Jade and Sir AJ here was able to help me on time."

The said bodyguards bowed when they were mentioned.

"Yes. Jade was the one who called me and informed me of what happened to you." And also got a panic streaked call from Zen about something going wrong. What dumb luck is this?

"Do you happen to know who was behind this?"

"I'll tell you about - "

He was not able to finish his sentence when a few hospital personnel immediately sprang into action because another set of patients was brought by the ambulance.

Diao jolted when he heard a familiar voice crying and widened his eyes at what he saw.

"Kuea! Stay with me. We're in the h-hospital now... p-please..."

"L-Lucas?" he went pale and stood up not minding the reprimanding tone of the nurse who was tending him and his lovers' hand that held his arm. "K-Kuea?" he then ran to his friends' side.

"Lucas, what's going on? Kuea, how-? W-what happened?" he was on the verge of crying too.

The Doctors and Nurses are now busy tending the unconscious and blooded boy on the stretcher and another Nurse is trying to calm and help Lucas who also just got in the ER, but the latter is inclined in just staying by Kueas side and shrugging the helping hand of the medical personnel.

"Prepare the operating room. Hurry!" instructed one of the Doctor who was taking care of their unconscious friend, who now has an intubation tube place on him.

Upon hearing this, the boys shed another batch of tears.

It was at that time that a pale looking Lian arrived and saw the scene where Kuea is being brought to the operating room.

"Kuea." He lifelessly uttered and was about to ran towards the direction his lover is being brought too. But got held back by Yi who was a spectator to all this and supported his friend who just lost all his strength.

"Yi... Kuea h-he's going to be alright, i-isn't he?"

His friend who can't answer just gave a firm grip on his shoulder and that gesture made his tears fell.

Please hang on Kuea. I'm begging you.

♡ ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥

Introducing the bodyguards.

Rin (Jay of Enhypen) and Gio (Jake of Enhypen) tandem

Jade (Yook Sung Jae of BTOB) and AJ (Heesung of Enhypen) tandem

♡〜٩( ˃▿˂ )۶〜♡

♡〜٩( ˃▿˂ )۶〜♡

Now playing: Only - Lee Hi

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚