chapter one!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so the first few chapter will be kind of boring just hang with me. i promise they will get better:)................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

3 years later

POV: Alex lay

The sound of moving trucks filled the air down Dark End LN.

Dark End? Sounds ominous. How can I have an awesome sweet sixteen party on a street called Dark End? "Mom, we can't live her!"

"Why not, Alex?" her nose was in a bow of her china. She's always worrying about her "fine china."

"Dark End? Does that really sound like a street I want to have my sweet sixteen on?" Why is she expecting me to live here?

"I thought you said you wanted to have it at a hotel or something." Yeah, I did want to, in MICHIGAN when I had the perfect hotel picked out and nothing could go wrong.

"That was in Michigan, Mom. Why did you buy this house without my approval?" my mom is always doing this kind of stuff: sending me to a boarding school without my approval, setting me up on blind dates, and now buying a house without my approval.

"Someone was putting in an offer."

"Where was I when this was happening?" I already knew the answer to this question but I had to ask anyway.

"Jessica's house." This reminds me I need to call her and tell her about this.

"You don't think you could have called me and asked me?"

"It's not that big of a deal, Alex" I'm surprised she didn't use my real name: Alexandria.

"Maybe not to you but to me it does. How an I supposed to have the best night of my life on a street na-WAIT! BALLOONS!

"What?" my mom looked up from the box she had her nose in with a confused look on her face.

"I could have balloons on the street sign and posters leading to the street saying where the party is. " I'm good at this kind of thing.

"Alright, Honey. Do you mind bringing some of your boxes into your room?"

"No problem." I kissed her on the cheek, grabbed a box, and ran upthe stairs.

-Time lapse-

"Jess, guess what?"

"What is it, Alex. Its one in the morning and I just got in bed." I looked at the clock, it read midnight.

"Sorry. I forgot about the time difference." We always talked on the phone at midnight until one of us was passing out or one of our moms came in and told us to get off the phone and go to sleep. This is a tradition we started two years ago.

"It's fine. What's up? I heard her dog, Lilli, bark in the background.

"My mom bought a house on a street named DARK END."

"No way!" I could hear the smile in her voice.

"I know!" I began to laugh. "my 16th birthday is two months awayand I live on a street called Dark End. The house is beautiful though, so it would be tragic not have it here."

"just put some balloons on the street sign." This is why we are best friends.

"I was thinking the same thing." Jessica and I have been friends ever since we were 6 years old. We've been through the nasty breakups, both of our parents' divorces and all the other teenage stuff girls go through.

"Guess what, Alex?" Just guessing by the excitement in her voice it was probably a guy. "Troy asked me out." Proven right, yet again.

"Troy Langa? What did he say?" Troy was Jessica's latest crush. I have to admit he is kind of cute.

"He said his cousin was having a party and most of the kids there would go to his cousin's schools he asked me if I wanted to go." One weekend fling. The party will end at about 10, Troy will take her home at 9:30, may or may not kiss her on the cheek, and that's the end of their relationship.

"That's awesome Jessica, I hope you have a great time." Just encouraging Jessica is the way to go.

"Thank you. I just hope this relationship will last longer than the one with Steve did." Steve lasted about two hours before Jessica caught him by the bathroom door at a party kissing some blond girl.

"I do, too, Jess," When I said this I knew 100% that I was NOT lying. It's not like I wanted to be right. I hope they have an awesome time together and stay together throughout high school but it probably won't happen. "What happened with Jacob though? You were such a cute couple?"

"You say that about every guy in my life."

"No I don't."

"Do I have to list them?" She's right I do. The thing is, you can't tell your best friend you look bad with someone

"No, Jessica, you don't have too."

-Time lapse-

A hour later Jessica and I were still on the phone.

School starts next Monday here," I said glancing at the alarm clock. 2:11.

"Really? We start this Monday." I went across the room and picked up my GHOST STORIES off the ground and put it on my desk. "I have all my supplies, I went shopping for all my school clothes today, and I got a haircut earlier today."

"You got a haircut?! Your hair was so pretty though. It was so long." I was so jealous of her hair.

"Yeah I know, Alex. It was just getting annoying."

"Yeah I guess you're right." Out of nowhere there was a piercing scream. It sounded like it was coming outside my window. I looked around my room. The clock read 1:00. I heard the scream again.

"Did you hear that?" If I was not insane than Jessica would have heard that.

"Hear what?" Maybe I'm just tired.

"Nothing. It was nothing. Hey I have to go. I need to go to sleep."

"OK; goodnight." She hung up. I put my phone on the charger by my bed, (mattress really; my bed post hasn't been put in my room yet.) I heard the scream once more.

I went to my window and opened it but no one or thing was there. There was just some wind blowing the tress but it didn't sound like a piercing scream.

I put my hair into a ponytail and lay in bed. I continued to toss and turn instead of falling asleep. I couldn't stop thinking about those screams. I didn't hear another scream before finally falling asleep that night.