~ Date Crashing~

A few hours later, I'm lying sprawled on the couch with my head on Conrad's lap and my legs resting over Steven's and Jeremiah's. The game they are playing only requires three players so I just lay down and watched.

"See you guys later." Belly walks into the doorway, she must be going out.

"Damn!" Jere stands up and walks over to her, dropping his controller.

"Are you kidding? No." Steven complains, "Yeah fine just abandon the game completely Jere."  I sit up and grab his controller to help them complete the round. 

"You. Look. Hot!" Jeremiah spins her around making her giggle.

"Hey, hey, hey! Stop flirting with my sister"

"Shut up Steven."

"No, you shut up." He turns around quickly to glare at his sister. "You look good though." 

Jere laughs at the siblings, "You driving with us, or are you meeting us there?"

"I'm not going to the book party," Belly says slowly, "I'm going to the drive-in." 

Belly leaves, Jere returns to his seat, I pass him the controller and he resumes the game as I rest my head on Conrad's shoulder. We discussed who she might be going to the drive-in with. Jere and I think it's Cam, and Steven and Conrad act like they don't care, I know they both do because deep down they are both protective of her, just in two very different ways.

"Jere! Stop handing him more books, he's going to drop them." I scold my twin, who is trying to stack up as many books as he can in Stevens's arms, if he keeps going it's not going to end up pretty and Laurel might just end us.

"Conrad! Amaya!" Laurel calls my brother and me over to the book signing table. I glance over at Conrad to see him finishing off a drink, I shake my head, does he have to have alcohol everywhere he goes? "Come over here."

"This is Cleveland, he is writing a book about sailing, but also knows nothing about sailing. Conrad's a great sailor, you won a regatta last year, right? And Amaya is a great surfer."

Conrad nods, "Came in second, but..."

"Do you teach?" Cleveland asks us both. "I could use some lessons." He hands us both his business card.

"Did my mom put you up to this?" Conrad asks a clueless Laurel, who has no clue what he's talking about. "Typical." He politely nods his head at Cleveland and walks away. 

"A man of few words," Cleveland fills the suddenly awkward silence.

"Apparently," Laurel agrees, and they both turn to me.