Chapter 7 - You can do it

Start from the beginning

- Are you ready to go? - He asks.

- Yes, yes. Let’s go.

I close the door and we start walking to Studio.

- So... how are... things? - I reluctantly ask.

He sighs.

- Well… my parents… they still aren’t talking to each other, as I heard, the company is continuing to lose money, as well as my parents. We can say it’s the same. - He says, looking down.

- I’m sorry to hear that. I don’t like to see you like that. You seem… - I try to find the right word to describe him in that moment.

- Not me?

- Yeah. - I nod.

- Sometimes life just doesn’t go the way we would like it to go. We have good and bad moments. I’ve been in the good, now I have to face the bad ones too. Life is-

- No bed of roses. - I complete him. - I know, I know. It’s just… you’re not the kind of person that should go through that sort of hard moments.

- Why do you say that? - He seems to lift up the spirit.

- Because… you’re nice, you care for the others, you make sacrifices to make others happy, you are definitely an amazing friend… - I explain myself, under his smile.

- Don’t make me so big, one day I won’t walk through the doors. - He giggles.

I join.

- But… that’s who you are. - I say.

After that came a short moment of deep silence between the two of us.

- Thanks. - He finally replies.

- The truth. - I smile.

- Ok, so you know that, this morning, you have your audition. - He changes the subject.

- Yes, I am now getting nervous.

- You’ll be just fine. - He smiles.

Just to say, I love his smile. It’s so cute and adorable, it can make you really calm and comfortable. His straight and white teeth perfectly match and make the most wonderful smile in the world. Exaggerating?

- Thanks. - I look down.

- Well, here we are. - He points at the building.

We come in and head to Fran, Cam, Maxi and Andrés. They gift us with big smiles.

- Hey, guys! - Fran and Cam cheer, immediately bursting into laughter for talking the same thing at the same time.

- So, Vilu, nervous? - Maxi asks.

- More less. - I smile weakly.

- It’s no big deal. You can handle it. - He confidently says.

- Thanks.

Andrés and Maxi walk away and comes another guy in Camila’s direction.

- Brodwey! I already told you to leave me alone! - She pleads.

- I just want to talk to you but ok. I’ll leave as madam wants! - He angrily replies, walking towards another group.

- Who is he?

- Brodwey, my ex. - She responds. - We broke up few days ago. I’ll explain later.

- Ok. And you, Fran? Any boy? - I ask.