Call It A Night

X, Two and Eight headed to Eight's house. (For me, this makes it less confusing.)

Eight lead X and Two in. Then him and Two followed X to their parents' room.

"Hey, Mom," said Eight. "We're sorry for upsetting you earlier. I felt bad, so me, Two, and X got you some flowers!"

"Awww, thanks!" said Two and Eight's mom.

Two and Eight's dad chuckled. "You're a charmer, Eight! Ha ha! Just like your old Algebralien!"

"Yeah," said Eight.

"Sorry about overreacting earlier," said Two and Eight's mom. "Friends are harder to make the older you get! Try to keep in touch!"

"Mum, that's so depressing.... We'll be fine!" said Two.

"Yeah, I'm sure you will be."

Two smiled.

X, Two, and Eight walked around the room. L'il Four's crib had a plane mobile on it! L'il Four herself was on the big bed.

The three friends left Two and Eight's house. By now, it was already dark outside.

They visited the Equation Playground, which was filled with wild Puffballs, puppets, and the occasional cats.

They went to the area with the lake.

Then they saw Drear-Top.

"*Sigh* Hello, curious Algebraliens! What a beautiful night, isn't it?" she said. "*cough* *hack* I may not have any money, but at least moonlight is free! I love nights like these..."

X, Two, and Eight left the Equation Playground and looked around the neighborhood.

They went to the church, where there were many Puffballs on the roof.

The Puffballs began singing.

"♪ Ohhhhhh, ohhhhh, ohhhhh, ohhh, story of Undertale...♪"

X, Two and Eight then looked at Six's house. The lights were on.

After that, they headed to X's house.

"Wow, it just hit me," Two said. "It's been so long since we've been inside your house, even though we live next door. Time really flies, huh?"

"Yeah, it sure does," said Eight. "Let's go inside! After you, X!"

X led Two and Eight inside his house.

Two and Eight looked around.

"Some things have changed here," said Two.

"Yeah," said Eight. "The couch here is now yellow."

"And there's still a stain on the rug where I spilled that juice! Four was mad!"

"That's because Y's kitten stepped in the juice and walked all around the house!"

"Heh heh...yeah... Aw man, it's getting too dark to go see the treehouse!"

"It's okay, Two. We can come by and see it tomorrow!"

"WAIT! I have an idea! What if we just stay over for the night? When will we get to do this again?"

"I'd love to... But Mom's not gonna be happy about this..."

"She'll be fine! I'm tired of waking up in the middle of the night because of L'il Four anyway. You're gonna wash dishes with Mom for an entire week anyway! You deserve this!"

"Yeah, that's fine. We live next door, so it'll only be a walk away!"

X, Two and Eight walk around the house.

"Ah, I remember this hallway!" said Eight. "The closet was to the left and the piano room was to the right! I wonder if the piano is still there. I'll go on ahead and see!"

Eight went in the room. X and Two followed them.

Eight was sitting on the piano bench.

"Don't judge me too hard. I haven't practiced in a while."

"Show off..."

"Haha, I guess I still got it," said Eight. "Hey X, that reminds me. Do you still play the violin?"

"No," said X.

"Oh. It's not here...
There was this song that you used to play with Four. It still gets stuck in my head sometimes, but I don't remember what it was called. You two played it over and over! Sometimes we'd even hear it from our house!"

X looked at the piano. The word "Silhouette" is etched across the center.

Two yawned. "All of a sudden, I'm getting sleepy. Maybe we should call it a night..."

"That sounds good to me," said Eight. "I have to get up early for my morning jog anyway! So, where should we sleep, X? Probably somewhere in your room, right? I don't know where Y is."

"Yeah, that sounds fun! We can sleep on the floor if anything! Let's go find some blankets!"

Two left the room.

"Hold on, Two! Wait for me!"

Eight headed after Two.

X went upstairs and into his mom's room. Four (?) was standing there. They turned to face X, then disappeared.

X went to the bathroom and looked in the mirror. A creepy, distorted Four that looked like a giraffe, AKA Hellfour was standing nearby.

X went into his bedroom. Two and Eight made an entire bed fort.

"Hey, X! We made a bed fort! I hope you don't mind," said Two.

"This was all Two's idea. I had nothing to do with this," said Eight.

"By the way, Eight... X and I got you a gift!"

Two handed the book to Eight.

"It's Everything You Need To Know About Game Shows! Do you remember this?"

"Yeah, I remember Four telling me about wanting to be in BFDI. It seems so silly now."

"But you can still become a contestant, Eight!"

"Ah, it's okay. I don't have time for that anymore."

"But you like game shows, right? And people want entertainment, right? So like, why not?"

"Haha, I don't think it works that way, Two -"

Two had already fallen asleep.

"He's such a fast sleeper... They've always been that way, I guess. Thanks for letting us sleep over, X. I bet it's been pretty hard here... Especially without Four. I'm sorry I couldn't be there for you more... Everything feels so different now... but it seems like you've pretty much stayed the same. Or not. But it's kind of relieving, to be honest! Haha!
*Sigh* It's really nice to see you again. I just wish Six and Seven could be here too. Anyway! Sorry for ranting! I might go to sleep soon too. Good night, X! I'll talk to you in the morning."

Then Eight fell asleep.

X got in his bed...

Pulled the blankets over him...

And drifted off to sleep.

End of this part! See you in the next one! :)