Stay with me

Mulai dari awal

He shrugged. "I want to take you home."

Her eyes widened a bit before her brows furrowed. He had always found her expressions amusing, from the way her lips pouted in the most adorable fucking way, to how low her brows dipped when she was confused. When she tilted her head and he drank in her flushed state, he knew he would never get enough of this sight.

She was always rendered speechless and he would be damned if that didn't make him smile on the inside.

"Y-you don't have to." she whispered.

"I want to." he took a step closer to her.

She looked at the ground, biting her lip. "Why?"

He didn't even know why himself. He didn't have a proper answer other than telling her that he just wanted to spend more time with her, but of course he would never tell that to her.

"I don't want you walking home this late at night." he said truthfully.

"It's fine! R-really it's no problem."

"No." he told her sternly, shocking both him and Aurora. "I'm going to drop you off."

Aurora opened her mouth to protest but he cut her off. "Do you want me to throw you over my shoulder and force you into my car?"

She shut her mouth immediately and Matteo nearly smirked. He had to get a hold of himself before he would completely fall because of her innocence.

He got into his car as well as Aurora. Knowing where she lived from the background check he ran on her, which was something he knew was wrong, he sped off in the direction of her apartment.

He hated knowing in which part of the city she lived in. When he did his background check on her, he learnt that Aurora was in desperate need for money. Her financial status was non existent with her job barely having her cope with her daily necessities, she was barely holding on. It saddened him to know that someone as kind and sweet as this woman, was suffering.

He hated how she went on with her life as if everything was okay. He couldn't understand why she was never driven to the brink of self destruction or even depression. She always looked happy, her eyes always tired but never let that get her down or spoil her mood.

It was bad enough to know that she was in terrible shape with the condition she had, but now she was suffering from financial problems that had him want to help her. He had to help her so bad or he wouldn't live with himself. He was in a turmoil ever since he found out her lifestyle since it would be difficult for him to want to help her.

He would never drag her into his dangerous lifestyle. He could never damage her precious soul with his twisted ways and terrible life choices. He would never show her this side of him, whatever she saw in the restaurant would never happen in front of her again. He had to sit with the guilt from having her fear him already and there was no way that he would want her to see even more from him.

That was a side of him he wanted to be kept hidden from her. He could never have her hate him, never.

The silent ride had come to an end when they stopped in front of her apartment complex. He had to refrain from asking her to move out this instant, but good would it do for the both of them. She had no money to move to another side of town, and there was no way she could live with him.

"T-thank you for the lift home." she said.

He just looked at her. His conversation skills still needed work, but she must know that he was silently telling her it was no problem.

He noticed the distant look on her face and immediately knew that she was thinking about something. His assumption was correct when she opened her mouth.