Family disasters

Matteo

"The Ricci family in the east has arranged a ball for all allies. We have been invited." Vincent said.

A playful chuckle escaped the lips of the consigliere, the second in command, Reggie, as the took a dramatic drag of his cigar. "The Ricci family are only our allies because of the help they received from us. They are indebted to us. Teste di merda."
(shitheads)

As merciless as Matteo was, Reggie never liked the idea of gaining allies who were as pathetic as the Ricci family. Their mafia have made plenty of mistakes, always running to Matteo when they were in debt. It was sickening to see weak members of the mafia being allied with them.

Matteo was as cruel and vile as the rest of them, maybe even worse than what they were yet he always believed in giving people a chance. The only catch was, misuse the second chance and he would won't be as merciful as he was to even give a second chance.

That was what made Matteo a fierce leader.

Vincent looked over at his friend. "You have never liked the Ricci family. It's understandable since their daughter refused to go on a date with you."

In a blink of an eye, the sound of glass shattering has resounded in the room causing everything to quiet down. At the end of the room lied shards of glass that was thrown by Reggie, aimed at Vincent who has been laughing at his friend.

Reggie snarled at him. "Stai zitto. Non mancherò la prossima volta."
(Shut up. I will not miss next time.)

"Nonsense fratello." Vincent said in a sing song voice, a voice known all too well in a tone of mockery. "You and I both know you just have bad aim."

Reggie began arguing back and that's when Matteo thought he had enough of listening to their bickering, since it was a daily routine for the two of them to argue. Matteo silently sat in his chair, staring at his glass filled with a bronze colored substance of his favorite drink, when his mind wondered to a certain little person in his restaurant.

She has been invading his every thought ever since their meeting on the night at the park. His dampened mood from the rivalry of his brother had made him never minded of the little girl who spoke to him that night. He hadn't remembered her clearly, the distant memory was a petite girl standing in front of him but now he has seen her.

She was so small.

Matteo was not one to spare a glance at the opposite gender, ever since he was little it was imprinted in his brain to never focus on women. His father had him learn that women are conniving individuals who uses men to meet their needs, their financial needs. He was told at a young age that women have the power to manipulate men to benefit from them, which was why he listened to his father.

He had seen the way his mother treated his father. It had him realize that he was not to trust women, beside the women in his family. There was not an ounce of trust for the opposite gender in Matteo.

Matteo remembered her words from that night. He had thought about how it was incredibly stupid for a girl like her to want to converse with a man like him, especially at night. He had to admit that he did not look at all approachable with the manner in which his face was void of any expression.

How she mustered up the courage to talk to him was something he could not understand.

It was clear as day that she was someone who did not watch the news. The Morreti family was one of the most well known Italian families in all of America, ever since his great grandfather had infiltrated Sicily. It was known that the members of the mafia were people you would not want to talk to knowing they thrive on crime.

AuroraOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara