"bilangin mo nga kung 50 'yan." utos niya.

"church? shouldn't it be sunday when you go to church?"

"ang alam ko nagvovolunteer sila. kasali kasi sila pareho sa youth group." seulgi shrugs then look at ryujin again.

"ryujin natapos mo ba 'yung pinapaprint ko sa'yo kahapon?"

"ah oo! nandun sa tabi ng printer." napatingin ako sa printer machine. malapit 'yun sa pwesto nila jennie kaya tumayo ako kaagad.

"ako na kukuha." tiningnan nila ako pareho.

"may kukunin rin kasi ako sa bag ko." dahilan ko. buti na lang hindi na sila nagtanong.

"ah shit oo pala may ipapaphoto copy pa ako. can you wait for a few minutes?" narinig ko na sabi ni kai nang makalapit ako sa pwesto nila.

"sure." jennie smiled sweetly. pinaupo siya ni kai bago niya iwan. i pretended to be busy looking for the papers, waiting for jennie to notice me.

"hi." she finally said kaya tiningnan ko siya. i shortly nod at her direction.

"congrats pala. have you already adjusted?" nakangiti niyang tanong. it's been a week nang matanggap ako sa dance club.

"yeah." sabi ko. "that's great then." hindi na ako sumagot kaya umiwas na siya ng tingin. kinuha ko 'yung mga papers ni seulgi at pinunta sakanya. i went back to jennie's place and walk towards the water dispenser on her side. she look up from her phone while i was approaching her.

"water?" i offered but she just shake her head, smiling. i took my time filling my tumbler and then drinking it.

i contemplated for a moment before giving in to the urge of asking her.

"there's a party in jeno's house this saturday. are you coming?" she once again avert her eyes on her phone and shift it to me.

"parties aren't my thing."

"why not? it's fun. what's your thing then? church stuff?" i want to smack my head the moment i let it slip out. i was about to apologize but she just laugh at what i said, looking nowhere offended. siguro sanay na siya sa mga ganung approach sakanya.

"i prefer peaceful weekends. and yeah going to church 'stuff' isn't that bad." she gave me an easy smile. hindi na ako nakasagot kasi lumapit na ulit si kai.

"let's go jennie?" jennie turned to me and wave, her lips formed into her usual smile.

"bye lisa." i was left frozen.

—————

it was 3 weeks after when i had an interaction with jennie once again. nasa dance room kami, binubuo 'yung unang part ng choreo namin. in those 3 weeks, lagi ko siyang nakikita sa hallway, sa cafeteria and everywhere sa campus with her usual bubbly personality. hindi matanggal sa isip ko 'yung last na pag-uusap namin.

she knows my name. had she known it all along and i just misunderstood her?

kaya nung makita ko si kai na lumabas and then her voice was heard after, naalerto ako kaagad. buti na lang pinapasok siya ni kai at pinaupo sa mga bench. ofcourse she's wearing the school uniform but this time nakalugay 'yung buhok niya. i wonder if she goes regularly to the salon para ipaayos 'yung buhok niya because it always looks silky and healthy.

we're having a water break and i silently thank god when i saw my bag near where she's sitting. napatingin siya kaagad sa akin habang papalapit ako. she greet me with a smile.

"hi lisa." tumango ako pabalik, ignoring the way hearing her utter my name makes my heart leap.

i grab my tumbler inside my bag. tiningnan ko siya habang binubuksan iyung tumbler ko. i found her watching me curiously. i drank from my tumbler, my eyes never straying away from hers.

"i've been thinking." i started after drinking. tinaasan niya ako ng kilay. fuck. why does it looks sexy? i shake my head to clear my thoughts.

"you said parties aren't your thing but i think you've only been invited in the boring ones."

she tilt her slightly on the side, regarding me and my words.

"what are you trying to say?"

"that i'll take you to an interesting one and change your mind." an amuse smile appeared on her lips.

"you can't change my mind."

"then accept my invitation then." she folded her arms against her chest and lean back on the wall. her eyes still shining in amusement.

"unless you're afraid i'll turn out to be right." i continued. she let out a cute laugh and my heart did a little jump.

"is that a challenge?"

tumango ako. "it is."

"okay." my eyes went wide. i was actually surprised she accepted it.

"okay?" paninigurado ko. tumawa siya ulit.

"yes. but in one condition. you'll join us next week." it's my turn to lift my eyebrow.

"we're volunteering and it'll be nice to have some extra help." i was taken aback when i saw the same challenge in her eyes.

she thinks i will back down?

i showed her a smirk. "deal."