Chapter 11: I'm Always Watching

I've been coming to the palace a lot of times now in order to make it seem I'm getting closer to the Princess and His Majesty. 

It's been pretty fun if I do say so myself, mostly because of Athy. I sometimes get nervous coming to the palace tho. I absolutely hate encountering Claude!!! 

Whenever I see him, he always seems to give me a death glare. Even tho he knows I'm Athy's friend, he still acts as if I'm a bug who somehow wandered into his palace!!!

One time, when Athy suggested having a boat ride with me and His Majesty and I fell into the water because I tried to catch my hat that was blown by the wind, He didn't even try to save me until Athy forced him to do so!!

Tsk! I'm going to the palace again. Let's pray that I don't see him today!

When I arrived, a knight escorted me to Athy's private library.

As I was walking there, I noticed that the maids were talking about me.

"Why is that lady always coming to the palace?" a maid whispered.

"Maybe she is the Princess' friend?" another girl said.

"I heard, she sometimes has boat rides with His Majesty as well. Do you think she is trying to take the Princess' spot?" a maid added.

"Oh my! I heard that her mother was Lady Penelope. Could it be that she is His Majesty's daughter?!?!" another girl replied.

Goodness! If you're going to gossip about someone, make sure they aren't 5 feet away from you!

But it's good to know that the plan is working. Even the maids have taken notice!

_________________________

When I got to the Library, I was greeted by Athanasia and a table full of sweets!

I saw cakes, cupcakes, tarts, cookies, pies, and more! Waaahh!! They have caramel pudding too!! You're living the life, Athy!!

We sat down. Whenever I come to the palace, me and Athy usually just talk about our lives and such.

"Lucas left to go to the world tree yesterday. I'm sorry I didn't get to inform you or invite you over yesterday," she said.

"It's alright! You must've been busy and plus, Lucas hates seeing my face. The feeling is neutral tho," I chuckled.

"Oh, How are you, by the way, Princess?" I asked.

"I'm doing great actually. Daddy has been asking me why I keep inviting you over tho. He probably thinks that you're a close friend of mine now, Hehe. How about you?" she replied.

"I'm fine. I really want to get out of this world and I've been getting rather impatient lately. But even so, I'm doing fine," I said.

"You must miss your family. When I reincarnated here, I didn't have anything that made me want to go back to my previous life. It must be hard..." she said while looking down and having a gloomy expression.

"Yeah...I guess...." I replied.

"I didn't really have a good life. My mom neglected me at a young age, but I do have a little sister that I took care of," I said.

"If you're here, who's taking care of her now?!" Athy exclaimed worriedly.

"Don't worry! Her nurse takes care of her when I'm in school or when I'm away," I replied assuring Athy.

"Nurse..? she has a nurse...?" she asked.

"Yes. My sister is very sick so she's currently in a hospital. Her nurse takes care of her most of the time,"

"Is that why you want to go back so badly?" Athy asked curiously.

I nodded.

"Then.....Don't worry!! We'll make sure that you go back as fast as possible!!!" she held my hand and exclaimed.

"I know..." I said.

________________________

After our conversation, Athy and I decided to go on a stroll in her garden.

She somewhat gave me a tour. She showed me the different flowers and plants growing there.

"Ah that reminds me, how is the plan going?" she asked.

"It's going better than I imagined. Alpheus seems to have taken notice of how often I come here, including Anastacius. The maids are noticing too!" I said.

"That's good to hear, I guess we'll soon be able to move to step 2 of the plan. I've been thinking of ways how to make it look like daddy is being affected by your black magic. I have come up with a few. All I need to do is see if they'll be effective," she replied enthusiastically. 

"I have also set up the plan on how to remove and capture Anastacius after he reveals himself," she added.

"It seems that you've been working hard Princess, hehe. We'll catch him in no time because of you!" I teased her.

"It doesn't hurt to be prepared, you know!" She replied in a somewhat teasing tone.

"Anyways, Lucas and I hav-......Jennette?.." Athy was about to say something but stopped when she saw me looking at something else.

"Jennette, is there anything wrong?" she asked.

"Oh! Ah..Y-yes! Sorry, I thought I saw something," I said nervously.

"Ok then...." she continued to tell me about what Lucas is planning to do in order to catch Anastacius. 

Although I listened, I kept looking around us, making sure no one was following us.

For some reason, I've been getting the feeling that we are being followed today. It's like there is someone watching us.

Even though I looked around, I didn't see anybody. Am I just being paranoid?

After our stroll, I bid goodbye to Athy and went home.

______________________________

Anastacius POV:

"So you're telling me the lady made a plan to capture me with the Princess?" I asked while taking a sip of my tea.

"Yes, master." The servant replied.

Tsk!! Who does that girl think she is?!

I knew that something was off. She couldn't have gotten so close to the Princess in such a short amount of time!!

It's a good thing I brainwashed this servant and made him spy on her.

"Ugh!!! That little brat!!" I clenched my fist in anger.

I couldn't control it anymore. Aeternitas took over me.

I flipped the chair I was sitting on in rage. I took the teacup on the table and threw it at the wall, breaking it. 

"You may leave..." I said.

The servant left and I locked the door.

I guess I have no choice but to make haste! You'll regret trying to catch me!