Chapter 5: A Jewel of Remembrance

I was still somewhat upset about what happened at the office with the Duke, so I decided to take a break to calm down.

Though I want to leave this place as soon as possible, it doesn't mean I don't have plans on enjoying the lavish noble life while I'm still here.

___________________

The next day...........

"Teresa, let's go out today!" I said cheerfully.

"Where to my lady?" she asked.

"Let's go to town. I want to go shopping for a bit."

"Will the Duke allow it though?" Teresa said.

Right....The Duke prohibits Jennette from going out often because of her 'identity'. *sighs*Can't I just relax for a bit?...

"I'll ask the duke for permission, do you know where he is?"

"I believe he is at the lounge near the east wing. I saw him on my way here my lady" She replied.

"Alright then".

I went to the east wing of the palace and found him talking to Ijekiel. 

"Greetings!" I said.

"Good day Jennette!" Ijekiel replied.

"What brings you here?" Alpheus asked.

"I wanted to ask you for permission to go out  Duke".

"What for?"

His disapproving and stressed expression gave me the feeling he wouldn't let me go out.

"I wanted to go shopping for a bit. My jewelry box is looking a bit empty don't you think Duke? Maybe that is a sign I should go out and get more accessories," I said trying my best to convince him.

"Jennette, I see no reason to let you go out over a simple jewelry box. If you truly want new jewelry, I can just simply ask for a merchant to come here." He said.

"But I also want to get some fresh air. Being trapped inside won't do me good sir."

"That is the prime reason we have a garden and greenhouse here".  He said firmly.

UGHH!! This man won't budge!! I just want to go shopping, it's not like I'll pick hands with His Majesty or something!

"Father maybe Jennette wants to pick out some accessories for the upcoming debutante ball. There is also no reason for her to be trapped inside the house. Let her go out for once." Ijekiel said defending me.

"*sighs* Alright...But you'll be accompanied by Ijekiel and make sure to be back by noon". 

Yessss!!!!!! I can go shopping now!!! Thank you so much Ijekiel!! I don't know how I could've convinced the Duke without you!!! Having you tagging along wouldn't be so bad either. 

"Thank you so much Ijekiel!" I exclaimed.

"No problem. You should get ready." He said with his calm and sweet voice.

What an angel..........

I got dressed and we went out to town.

It was just like how it was in the webtoon. Packed with people yet it still gives this majestic feeling. 

Me and Ijekiel decided to look around.

We went to different jewelry and clothing stores.

Oh My! All of the items we have looked at are amazing. How am I supposed to go shopping like this? I want to buy the whole store!!!