Chapter 8: A secret and a Tea Party

"Wow, I've never seen a more beautiful garden!^^," said the lady next to the princess.

"This is a garden my father made for me since I love roses so much. It's one of my favorite places as well!!" Athanasia said. 

"My goodness! His Majesty truly has a kind heart!!" said the woman across from her.

Ah....the princess' first official tea party......

I gotta say, It's amazing here. I almost wandered off on my own just to explore this enormous garden! And I thought the Duke's indoor garden is the biggest one I'll see, this is a mansion compared to it. 

Everyone is looking beautiful as always, especially the princess (obviously).

"Actually, I thought he was a bit scary when I saw him at the ball, but I was wrong," another girl added. (Well it depends. Are you his dear beloved daughter or just a random noblewoman who somehow attended his daughter's tea party?)

"To build you such a garden! He must really cherish you, your highness!! ('Lovely Princess' Claude could not say the same. XD)

"Your Highness and His Majesty looked so picture perfect on the day of the debutante!" An orange-haired girl said.

"You looked just like a fairy straight out of a storybook!" A brunette lady added. (Golly gee! I wonder if Athy is actually from a storybook?...XD)

"You're flattering me too much!" Athy said humbly.

"My name is Helena, of Marquess House Irain. Ummm, by any chance, do you remember me?" A black-haired girl in green and white clothes asked. 

"We danced together at the ball. It's very nice to see you again!" Athy replied.

Helena looked overjoyed! It is an honor to be remembered by the country's precious princess! 

The other ladies started introducing themselves as well.

Ehem! I looked at a small sheet of paper I hid under the table.

Ah yes, that's my line. It's a good thing I decided to write down the scenes and lines Jettie said through the webtoon! It was all worth it!

________________

18 hours earlier.......

Teresa knocked at my door.

"My lady! I've called you 11 times already. Are you alright?" said Teresa worriedly.

"That's it! I'm barging in my lady! Forgive me!" she said while opening my door without permission.

And there I was....

Face down at my desk, sleeping heavily with a quill in my hand and ink spreading across a piece of parchment. 

"Ahhh!! My lady!" she exclaimed. 

"Te-Teresa?.."

"Oh my lord! My lady what are you doing?!?! Look at you! You're such a mess!!" she scolded me.

"Which scene number am I on again?..." I asked while still exhausted after staying up all night writing my lines that I'm probably not gonna use. -_-

I am kind of glad I wrote my 2 page-long explanation that I'm going to tell Athy later. (At least you won't miss anything XD)

"What are you talking about my lady?! Come on! It seems that my lady still needs major assistance from her maids even though she has already debuted!" (Wow Teresa! Could've just told me I was still a child who can't take care of myself!-_- It's a little true tho.......)