"I haven't kissed someone in a while, I guess." I chuckled, hugging my bag. "Or had a crush." I walked toward the door, meeting him.

"And I'm the lucky guy?" He gasped. I smiled at him as he opened the door for me, kissing my cheek as I walked out of his room.

"Look, as soon as we step out of this door, we can't kiss or do anything until I give you the okay," I said as we walked down the steps to his front door. He clicked his tongue and pulled my coat off of the hanger. He held out the jacket for me to put on.

"I can't believe I'm letting you be in charge of our relationship status." He complained as I grinned and slipped my arms through the holes. He adjusted it so it fit over my shoulders.

"Well, the minute I let you take matters into your own hands, everything blows up in our faces," I explained, turning around to look at him. He rolled his eyes and placed his hands on my waist.

"If this is what it feels like to have something blown up in my face, then I'm okay with it." He said, pushing me toward the door. He pinned me against it, connecting our lips again. I smiled, but tried to pull away, only getting kissed harder like our lips were glued together.

"Okay..." I said in between the kisses. "We've got... to go." I pulled away and he hooked his arm around my back, pulling me closer with a smile.

"Lilah, just enjoy the moment with me." He groaned.

"I can't until I know it's right." I held his arm as he looked around my face.

"Okay." I gave a small hopeful smile as he let go of me. I turned around to open the door, receiving kisses on my cheek. Once I finally threw myself out of the door, he stopped and drove me to Nancy's.

This was the part I was dreading and I think Steve was too. I looked over at him as he pulled up to the house near the basement. I looked over at him as he put the car in park. This might be the last time we would ever be romantically involved and I don't know if I should feel relieved or sad.

"I'll see you later?" He asked in a hopeful voice. I shrugged.

"I'm sure you will."

"If I don't, here." He said, pulling out a folded piece of paper. My eyebrows pulled together in confusion as I took the slip of paper.

"What's this?"

"My number. Kinda need that if we're sneaking around." He chuckled and leaned in for another kiss, but I opened the door and grabbed my bag.

"I'll see you later."

"Bye, Lilah." He said, rolling his eyes. I smiled and walked to the basement. When I opened the door, I saw Mike and Dustin. They looked up at me with hopeful eyes, but they dulled when they saw it was just me.

"Please, hold your excitement," I said sarcastically, looking over at the make-shift fort. Pieces were thrown around and it was clear that Eleven hadn't come back. "She's not here?" I looked over at Mike and he shook his head. "Maybe it's for the best. She had supernatural powers."

"Whatever," Mike said, rolling his eyes. I looked over at Dustin, who gave Mike a sympathetic pat on his shoulder. "Where were you? I thought you were spending the night."

"I, uh... did your mom make blueberry pancakes?" I asked, sniffing the air.

"Probably." He said, shaking his head in confusion. I smiled at them.

"Okay. If she asks, I slept down here. Deal?" I hoped Mike would take the bait, and thankfully, he did. I smiled, running past them and into the kitchen.

"Oh, there you are! I was just about to come down and look for you." Karen greeted me. I smiled at her and looked at the pancakes.

"Pancakes! My favorite! Do you mind if I grab a plate and run up to Nancy's room?" I asked, grabbing a plate and walking toward the large stack.