Chapter 11

The night felt like a fever dream. I woke up as the sun-filled the room. Steve's arm was wrapped around me and my back was pressed against his chest. As much as I enjoyed the night; his kisses on my skin and every comforting word he said, I wondered if it was right.

Even though the night was amazing, now it was a new day and we had to deal with what the day brought. I wish I could've lied there and slept all of my troubles away, but Mike needed someone, I needed to understand why Jonathan was in Nancy's room, and I had to tell Nancy what was going on.

I turned and looked at Steve. He was still sound asleep. I slowly moved out of his grasp to start getting dressed, but his arms wrapped around me again and pulled me close to his body, trapping me. I laughed, holding onto his arm.

"Steve." I chuckled softly.

"Five more minutes, please." He begged, placing his chin on my shoulder.

"We have to go," I stated, turning to face him. His face scrunched up in disappointment and annoyance.

"We don't have to if we don't get up all day." He suggested.

"What would we do, stay here?" I asked sarcastically.

"I have a swimming pool." He shrugged.

"I don't have a bathing suit." I objected.

"You can always go naked." I rolled my eyes and playfully shoved him, only making him hug me tighter.

"Come on, Steve. You said you'd drive me." He rolled his eyes and looked down at me.

"What if this is the last time I get to hold you like this?" He asked in frustration.

"That's what last night was for," I said, wiggling out of his grasp. He tried to grab me again but missed me as I walked toward my bag and looked for some clothes.

"I just don't understand why we have to suffer if this is what you want also?" He asked, sitting up and watching me.

"Because you're technically a taken man, and what we did is technically wrong," I explained, pulling out some jeans and a shirt. I looked over at him with a small smile.

"Didn't stop Nancy and Jonathan." My smile slightly faded.

"I'll go change, I'll be right back," I spoke quietly. I walked out of his room, shutting the door behind me and walking to his bathroom.

I changed into my clothes and freshened up. I couldn't stop thinking about last night. I never thought Steve and I would ever be kissing. I never thought I'd share a bed with him. I never thought I'd have to go to Nancy's and confront her and Jonathan.

I walked out of the bathroom and into Steve's room to see him putting his jacket on. He smiled as he looked over at me and his eyes scanned my body. I grew shy as his eyes wandered around me.

"Wow, you look good." He complimented me as I walked over to my bag to stuff my clothes in. I blushed and looked over at him.

"I look the same as I usually do." I chuckled. He walked over to me, coming close to me.

"No, you did this with your hair. How did you do it so quick?" He asked, holding a strand of my curled hair. I looked over at him and shrugged.

"My hair does what it wants," I admitted. He smiled and pulled me into a kiss, not giving me a second to object. I placed my hands on his chest, pulling away. "Steve--"

"I know, I know." He said, rolling his eyes. He walked over to his nightstand and grabbed his keys while I looked around awkwardly. "Why are you being so shy? You're usually confident and snappy." He smirked as he looked over at me.