Chapter 8

"Okay, let's get this over with." I sighed as I shut the door to the AV club room. Mike lead Eleven over to a small desk behind a big radio.

"Why so you can get back to Steve?" Dustin accused. I glared at him, making his smile fall. I began to charge toward him, ready to strangle him while he began to yell in fear.

"Guy! We have bigger things to worry about!" Mike announced, causing me to stop. "Besides, Steve is dating Nancy."

"Thank you." I sighed. The other boys stood behind Eleven next to Mike and I watched from the other side of the desk. I crossed my arms.

"She'll find him. Right, El?" Mike asked, turning on the radio.

"Mike, just... don't get your hopes up. If she can't do it, don't push her." I warned. He looked up at me as the radio began to buzz.

"She can do it." I rolled my eyes at him. He was just being stubborn for no reason. Eleven shut her eyes and I gained more interest in what was happening. It was silent as we watched her concentrate on the radio, looking for Will. "She's doing it."

"Shh, she's concentrating," I whispered, shooing the boys away so she could have room to work without Mike breathing on her neck.

"This is crazy," Dustin added. I felt a knot in my stomach as I watched. I couldn't believe someone with abilities was right here in front of me.

"Calm down. She just closed her eyes." Lucas stated. I rolled my eyes at him too. Then the light went out. I looked up, feeling my heart beginning to race. I wanted to run out of that room and act like I didn't see anything.

"You guys have seen The Shining right?" I whispered. I gasped as the radio began to make clanking sounds. I moved closer, feeling like my body could give out at any time. The clanging got louder and quicker.

"What is that?" Dustin asked. We listened closer.

"Mom?" I gasped, covering my mouth at the clear sound of Will.

"No way," Lucas said.

"Mom! Please... Mom!"

"Will!" Mike screamed into the microphone. My other hand held my heart. I thought I was going to faint. There was no way this was happening.

"Will! It's us! Are you there?" Lucas yelled. I ran around the table and joined Mike's side, pushing him so I could get to the microphone.

"Will, can you hear us? We're right here!" I yelled.

"Hello? Mom?" I shook my head at the realization he couldn't hear us. But he was alive.

"Why can't he hear us?" Lucas asked me.

"I don't know," I answered just as intensely as he did.

"Mom, it's coming!" He screamed in fear. I looked at the radio in shock. "It's like home, but it's so dark... it's so dark and empty. And it's cold! Mom? Mom!" I felt tears line my eyes as I listened to his desperate cries. "Mom!"

Suddenly, the radio sparked and I pushed the three back as I jumped. The light turned back on and the radio caught on fire. The fire alarm began to ring and I looked at the four, not sure what to do now. I quickly pushed past Dustin and Lucas and grabbed the fire extinguisher. I put out the flame and sighed.

I put the extinguisher down and looked at the boys. They looked nervous. I turned to Eleven and noticed a lot of blood coming from her nose. I bent down next to her and pulled out a bandana from my pocket and wiped away the blood.

"Are you alright?" I asked her over the alarm. She looked exhausted. She could hardly keep her eyes open.

We put her on a trolly and began to push her out of the room while other kids ran outside from the fire alarm. Mike directed us down an entirely different path. I jogged to keep up with Eleven, holding her hand in comfort and constantly checking behind us in case anyone was following us.