real sisters. (2)

corktown, detroit.
8:30a
February.

"DaDa! DaDa!" Kali reached for her dad while Ryan was doing her hair.

"Mommy making you pretty. Relax." Chance held her down and soothed her.

"She is so dramatic. She did not do this when I was talking to Luc. She doin this because you here."

"That's daddy pretty angel face." He kissed her nose.

"One more pony princess. One more." Ryan told her.

It's been a full 24 hours almost and Ryan and Luc still haven't addressed anything.

Chance was tired of it himself because he knew Ryan was right, but she'll never apologize first if that's anything he's learned from her. Luc does own an apology but she so damn rock headed waiting for either of them gone have you on your death bed.

"Okay you're done." Ryan picked her up and gave her kisses.

"Ohhh mommy so sorry for hurtin da bayybeee." She kissed her continuously.

"Ready to see MeMe." Chance took over.

"Wait I need to get her picture, can you pack her bag and cup?"

Chance nodded and left the room.

"Pose for mommy please." Ryan pleaded.

Meanwhile Chance made his way downstairs to have a one on one with Luc.

"For you got to school let me holler at you."

"No I'm not high." Luc ate a bowl of pineapples.

"I wasn't asking that. I was tryna be yo brother for a second."

"Oh."

"You need to apologize to yo sister now. It's gone on to long and y'all both need each other. Y'all both bein petty."

"Did you tell her that before coming to me?"

"Luc."

"Bro, she be hype for no reason. I skipped class one time, i didn't skip school. I was late because I was picking my friends up."

"Nah, Luc it wasn't one time. I saw the emails and notifications from the school it's like 7 and you know them add up to absents, on top of that if you can't wake up at a reasonable time to get all yo friends and get y'all to school you need to tell them find a way because this yo future. And don't get me wrong you my lil sister too so I don't feel like she was tryna be hype she tryna help you and delicate you. You a great kid but yo mouth is where the trouble gone start my nigga. As an outsider I just want y'all to be cool, cuz my daughter in the middle of this. And as an insider, you trippin and it's not cool for real acting like you don't care. You know yo sister ah do anything in this world for you and Kali especially you, cuz she all you got. Y'all sisters at the end of the day."

Luc stood there quiet taking in everything he said.

"You ain't gotta do it now but it do need to happen."

-