Magenta sighs to herself feeling bittersweet. She's happy he's no longer free. At the same time she's sad it took him assaulting someone else for that to happen.

The D.A. shares her sentiments as she gives a response to press outside of the courtroom... "I have a lot of things going through my head right now. I can tell you I'm angry. The courts allowed this to happen. As a society, we put so much pressure on victims of sexual assault to report because it's the right thing to do. Like it's their responsibility to protect future victims. It isn't fair. No one who's been harmed should have the responsibility of preventing future harm. You cannot expect people to ever talk about sexual violence if they're going to receive the treatment that these women received throughout this case. They have to relive this everyday."

Gen's in deep thought to the point she doesn't notice Gee come to the door. "Are you ready?" he makes her flinch.

"I need like ten more minutes," she stands up.

Hearing sound from her iPad it makes him say, "I thought you said you're done watching the case so closely.."

"I am. I just had to know if they'd take his bond. Sorry." Gee gives her a worried look. "I'm not regressing. Moving forward," she kisses his cheek.

"So? What happened?"

"He's going back to jail. He assaulted someone else right before he married my sister. Court was set for September if they don't push it back," she summarizes it while shimmying into her pants.

"Damn. What the fuck?!"

"Yeah, it's crazy," she comes off as nonchalant, but her shaking hands while buttoning her pants say otherwise.

"You good?" He asks.

"I'm so fucking irritated this keeps happening to women."

"The justice system is slow, unfortunately," he responds softly. He narrows his eyes as if in deep thought himself.

"And stupid." She pauses feeling herself getting angry. Shaking her head she adds, "What would it really take? I bet if he killed someone... Whatever I'm not going to ruin my own day. Our day. It's fine. I'm ready," she sighs pulling a coat over her shoulders.

Leaving for their destination, Gen quickly puts herself in a better mood. They haven't been on a solo date night in awhile so it's much needed. Between their careers and family drama they haven't had much time to themselves this month.

The first part of their date takes them to a place called Ice Castles. They walk around the frozen attraction looking at the thousands of icicles hand-placed by professional ice artists. Right on their trail is a hired bodyguard who's become an everyday fixture lately.

"Do we really have to go everywhere with security now? It's awkward," she says while hand-in-hand with Gee trying to take in LED-lit sculptures.

"Well, when people are following you and trying to kick the door in? Yes."

"They've had people following me for a year. What's different now? They're spying on me for this damn case.

"That's because it was a P.I. watching you at a distance. This clearly isn't that. Someone's trying to scare us or they're really trying to do something. We have to be careful. It's better to be safe than sorry."

"You bullet proofed our cars like we're going to World War, bought more guns, and made me go to the gun range like it was a daily morning Starbucks run."

"I'm confused why you didn't blast they ass off the damn porch.. A knife? This is Texas. You could've."

"One gun was upstairs and the other in my car. I panicked," she shrugs.