"It's complicated," He said, rubbing the back of his neck, just before he received a FaceTime from the one and only Jasmine Agnes. When he answered, he was met with a loud squeal.

"Let me see!" She said, referring to the new home that he just purchased. He rolled his eyes, moving the phone around so he could show the master bathroom, Jasmine's eyes widening. "Who's the girl?"

"That's what I asked," Samuel chuckled, placing his hands in his pocket. Jasmine smiled upon hearing his voice. "Hey, Sammy!"

"Jasmine, we have talked about this. My name is Samu-,"

"Wait, where is this house?" She asked, her eyebrows furrowed together.

"Exquisite Estates," Reid answered, his voice barely audible but she heard him. Jasmine knew that was the richest neighborhood in New York and The Mayor and his wife, Diana lived there.

He noticed the small frown on her lips and he sighed, rolling his eyes because he knew exactly what she was thinking. "Jas, it's not like that. I just liked the house,"

"Don't do anything stupid. This isn't high school anymore, you have a career to look after," She said before ending the phone call. Just then, Charlotte knocked on the door, grabbing their attention.

"It's the Mayor, sir. He said it's urgent,"

"Look at you two, you're almost best friends," Samuel said watching as Reid stood up from his chair. "Don't be jealous,"

When he arrived at the foyer, he spotted The Mayor with a few of his bodyguards. In his hand was an envelope, one that was well decorated. "New haircut?"

"Just something to change up my look. What can I do for you, Mayor Samuels?"

"I'm having my 32nd Birthday Gala tomorrow, and I wanted to invite you, Mr. Maxwell. My wife is in charge of the guest list but when I found out she forgot to add you, I used this as the perfect opportunity to hand-deliver it myself," The man said, earning a curt nod from Reid.

The Italian took the invitation in his hands, letting his eyes wander over the fine print.

"So will you be there?" Kenneth asked as Reid's mind traveled to what Diana had told him only a few days before. No matter how many projects he threw himself into, his mind always traveled to her. He hadn't bothered her ever since their last encounter. He loved her but he also respected her wishes. If she didn't want him in his life, he was going to take a step back. It would save both of them the drama.

He was about to decline when he realized the possible new business clients he could meet. Since it was the Mayor's birthday, there would be quite a lot. Finally, he delivered a small smile.

"Of course,"