"that's right! all i need to do is continue training!" i pat his head instead and look at him warmly.

i turned to kanao and said teasingly, "watching all of them got drenched, should i try do this training with you kanao?" i saw kanao's eyes shook a little as she hesitate, along with aoi.

"eh? you want to try y/n?" aoi confusedly ask. i nod, "well just wanna try. back then, a lot of people compliment me for my good reflexes, maybe i can do it." i jokingly said, but it seems like those three fell for it.

"wahh that's so cool!" tanjiro look at me with an amazed look.

"well that certainly not a surprise." aoi nodded to herself, looking like a proud older sister.

while kanao's indifferent eyes shone a little.

i sigh internally before sitting in front of kanao. i sat up right and aoi start the countdown.

"3.....,2.....,1....., start!"

my eyes shooks greatly at how fast kanao's hand movements is but i believe in my instincts and reflexes. i take a deep breathe as i concentrate, eyes trying to match with kanao's movements.

once i set my eyes on kanao's hand, i immediately raised my hands to block her hand from raising the cup but she quickly change her direction. i lost her hands again.

i was growing frustrated, but kanao saw the chance to raised the cup but at the same time i caught her hands with my eyes, causing her to change direction again.

it happens again and again, it may seems endless now. even tanjiro and aoi who has been watching becoming awe in every second i hold against kanao.

"wahh y/n-san, you're so cool that you're able to block her hand—!" aoi hit tanjiro's head to quiet him down. his voice startle me a bit, causing me to turn my gaze on him.

kanao took the chance and immediately raised her cup to splash on me. i widen my eyes, i can see her fast hand move towards me with the cup.

with my fast reflexes, i quickly held my hand up and hold her wrist, immediately dropping her cup onto the floor.

i thought i made it, but i failed to notice her other hand. my instincts screaming for me to look at my right, when i did i saw her cup in front of my eyes and the cold sensation was splashes onto my face with my other hand was up in the air, almost touching her wrist.

i blink owlishly, letting the water droop down from my eyes. tanjiro panicked and immediately help me drying my face off.

kanao's eyes gloom a little as she put down the cup onto the table slowly. tanjiro's towel was tickling my face so i laugh softly and stopped him. i take the towel and dry my face.

"thank you."

"a-are you alright?" tanjiro ask worriedly and i glance at kanao. with a bright smile, "i'm alright. it's just a splash of water." i said.

"it was a good experience, i feel like a sloth now that i found someone's a lot more faster than me." i compliment kanao as she relaxed slightly.

"was she scared that i'll get mad? what a cutie." i thought and reached over her face to pinch her cheeks. her eyes blink blankly as i pull her cheeks slowly.