30

Bonus?

Jaemin and Jeno had recently celebrated Jisung's 1st birthday, a truly happy moment. He could now stand on his two feet, although very wobbly. He didn't really speak much yet except for his small babbling and the one time he said, "Da!" to Jeno. Jaemin was salty about it for the rest of the week, knowing damn well Jeno wasn't home with Jisung as much as he was.

Jaemin was content with his life, even if it completely seemed to revolve around his son. He continued washing dishes, listening for any alarming sounds from the baby monitor. Jaemin was home alone these days. He had insisted on giving Doyoung more days off, feeling that the older man tended to keep to their house all the time, which meant he hardly went out.

Jaemin hummed to himself, finding that he was a little sleepy. He would usually be listening to music around now, but having a child meant he had to spend moments in his quiet home, hoping his child would sleep just a little longer so he could get some house chores done.

Though Jaemin didn't hate being a "househusband," he wished he could go out a little more, just a few hours a day to himself. Alas, he loved his son, and if that meant sacrificing his comfort, then he would do it. He would by no means leave his son with some strange babysitter. His mother was an option, but he didn't feel comfortable leaving his son with her while he had "alone time." He would prefer it to be when he actually needed it.

Jaemin rinsed a dish, but almost as soon as it was clean, he almost ruined it as it slipped a little.

"Nana." He heard whispered into his ear. Jaemin flinched, then groaned.

"You could say hello like a normal person." Jaemin turned his head to the side.

"I thought you would have sensed my smell or heard the door." Jeno laughed, wrapping his arms around Jaemin's middle, leaning close to kiss Jaemin's cheek.

"Well...I didn't." He needed to stop getting distracted all the time.

"What's going on up here?" Jeno tapped the crown of Jaemin's head.

"Jisung."

"It's always him." Jeno sighed playfully, "I'm getting jealous."

Jaemin laughed, finally rinsing the last couple of baby spoons and placing them in a cup. He took off the pink gloves and dried his hands on a towel.

"Why are you home so early?" Jaemin finally turned fully to look at Jeno.

"It's Friday. It's winter and snowy. Some of my patients are out, so I've got no work left for today, so I came home." Jeno shrugged. He downed the last of the glass of water he had served himself. Jaemin smiled, watching Jeno look so much more relaxed after work than before. He walked up to him, wrapping his arms around his center and leaning his head into the crook of Jeno's neck.

"Did you have a good day?" Jaemin asked.

"It was fine; how was yours?" Jeno leaned back a bit to look at Jaemin.

Jaemin shrugged, "It was nice. Jisung is getting smarter by the day. He almost dressed himself today, well more like he insisted on that one shirt he has of the Beatles, but he won't take off his damn shoes. He's obsessed with them." Jaemin laughed, "They make his feet stink though." He scrunched his nose.

Jeno laughed at Jaemin's rambling and leaned forward, tapping his nose to Jaemin's. "He's cute."

"You're cute." Jaemin raised a brow.

"No, you." Jeno said. Jaemin snorted, and tried to pry Jeno away, but Jeno tightened his grip, wrapping his arms around Jaemin tightly to hold him closer. "Since I got out earlier, I wanted to go out somewhere with you. It's been a while since we've been on a date. I planned everything already."