17

Someone was at Jaemin's doorstep on a cool autumn morning. It was barely the beginnings of autumn now. Leaves were tinting yellow at the ends and the summer heat wasn't blaring down as it used to. Someone stood outside in that weather. 

That someone being Lee Jeno.

It wasn't that weird. He'd often just show up at his doorstep like this, but today...

He had a bouquet of red tulips in the midst of baby's breath.

Jaemin opened the door and gave him a deadpanned look.

"Who's house are you visiting this time?" Jaemin made his voice as monotone as he could muster.

Jeno laughed, "Yours."

Jaemin raised his brows and his mind was emptied of thoughts. There was practically a question mark over his head. Jeno walked closer and handed the flowers to him. Jaemin took them and hid his face in them, pretending to smell what smelt like almost nothing. Tulips didn't smell like much, but it was a nice sweet scent that Jaemin liked.

"Wow," Jaemin said, feeling his veins start to pulse.

He just feels bad that he got Renjun some and not me. These are my pity flowers.

"Thanks, Jeno, but you didn't have to." Jaemin spoke, holding the door open for the alpha to walk inside.

"I did! I told you, I'm trying to keep the tradition, and I figured...better late than never right?" Jeno smiled and glanced at his feet.

Jaemin laughed awkwardly and walked to his kitchen to put the flowers in the biggest cup he could find. He didn't have a vase. He never really needed one. Jaemin didn't know why he felt awkward around Jeno on this specific day. Jeno seemed to be shy today and Jaemin didn't know what to do with that information.

"You okay, dude?" Jaemin frowned. Idiot. Nobody says dude to their baby daddy.

"Oh uh yeah, I'm fine. How are you doing by the way? Is everything alright in there?" Jeno pointed at Jaemin's belly.

"Hm...I guess so. I don't get morning sickness as bad, but there's a whole lot of other things happening." Jaemin didn't want to admit that he was severely constipated as of lately and that he hardly knew how to sleep now. Should he sleep on his back or his side?

"Oh, that's good, well...actually, I wanted to invite you somewhere." Jeno said, avoiding Jaemin's eyes.

"Oh? Where?" Jaemin could feel his heartbeat through his chest and his dizzines from this morning was back.

"Well, I actually told my mom about the whole situation and...she kind of...wants to meet you? My family is having this Halloween party later today and I wanted to see if you wanted to go? You don't have to go though!"

"You told your mom about this?" Jaemin frowned in complete astonishment.

"I mean, not about the whole Fireflies thingy, but like that I accidentally got you pregnant and that you're like a surrogate and whatever."

"Right, I'm just a surrogate and whatever." Jaemin smiled sarcastically.

"No, no, I told her that we get along, so basically she thinks we're good buds right? And she wants to meet you, and she told my whole family that I'm going to be a dad, and now everyone is excited and really really wants to meet you."

"Huh..." Jaemin's mouth parted at Jeno's quick pace of explanation. He wasn't sure if he even heard him right.

"Also, I'm sorry if you didn't want anyone to know...I just tell my mom everything, you know?"