Jiang Yu explained, “Because they wanted to cover up what they had done wrong. For example, they were the ones who had leaked that Fang Ying was making private bets. For example, they were the ones who tampered with your car.

“At that time, Fang Ying went over to inspect your car because he saw them leave and suspected that they had tampered with it. He didn’t expect that they would use it to frame him.”

Jiang Zeyu muttered, “Yingzi… Yingzi was worried about me, that’s why… He actually believed me a long time ago…”

“Yes.”

Jiang Yu raised her hand and rubbed Jiang Zeyu’s head. She said gently, “After his leg was injured, he couldn’t race anymore. However, he hoped that you could carry on his dream.”

Jiang Zeyu still couldn’t figure it out. “Then why did he say that we were even when we were in the ward?”

“Because…” Jiang Yu sighed. “Because you crashed into him..”

Chapter 507: The Cruel Truth

“He knew that even if someone had tampered with your car, you were still the one who had crashed into him. You would still be frustrated and blame yourself for not being able to control your car under those circumstances.

“He didn’t want you to blame yourself.”

She had discovered all this after she found Fang Ying’s diary.

He had the habit of keeping a secret diary online, which was why Jiang Yu knew everything so clearly.

He had been a very gentle young man.

Just like his parents who had said sorry to Jiang Zeyu for causing him trouble, he had a soft and tolerant heart toward this cruel world.

Jiang Zeyu stood rooted to the ground.

He seemed to have fallen into some kind of memory. He was still in a daze as he replied blankly, “How…how could this be?”

How could this be?

How could the truth be so cruel?

For a moment, he did not know how to feel.

He had always secretly felt that Yingzi must have been disappointed in him back then.

In fact, he had silently endured so much. He must have had a reason for accepting those illegal bets. However, he was so stupid. After learning about it, he did not ask anything. He only said that he would keep it a secret for him. He did not even want to know the reason behind it.

If he knew the reason why Yingzi had found it difficult to tell him, he would definitely have helped him.

However, he did not do anything.

He had also lost control of his car on the track.

Moreover, at that time, he had really suspected Yingzi. He felt that Yingzi had blamed him and tried to get back at him.

Later, when he went to the hospital, Yingzi said that they were now even.

He suddenly felt as if a heavy burden had been lifted off his shoulders when he heard those words.

Now that he thought about it, that feeling of a burden being lifted was because he had felt so guilty that he had found it difficult to forgive himself.

Jiang Zeyu let out a long sigh. His shoulders trembled slightly.

The young man, who was usually arrogant and domineering and was cold toward everyone, had tears in his eyes.