6

~Tony POV~

I'm currently standing in front of the coffee shop that meant so much to me during my relationship with Stephen.

I'm not gonna lie, a small part of me misses him.

"Please don't tell me you forgot how to use the door." A familiar voice comes up beside me.

"Have you been back here since we split?"

"I'm afraid not. Have you?"

I shake my head. "It didn't feel right coming here without you."

He smirks and pulls open the door. "Shall we?"

I smirk back. "We shall." I look my arm through his and follow him inside.

~~~

"So..." I pause as a fan comes up to take a picture with me. "What's with the whole wizard thing."

"I'm not a wizard, I'm a sorcerer." He corrects me.

"How?"

He sighs and laces his fingers together. "You heard about my accident, correct?"

I nod. I remember seeing the news reports about his car wreck. It was devastating. I wanted to go see him at the hospital, but I figured that would be inappropriate. Instead, I sent an anonymous donation to help with any medical expenses he may have.

"Due to the accident, my hands were not as steady as they used to be. I couldn't be a surgeon anymore. I went to Kamar-Taj to try and heal them. I was desperate. It was there that I became a Master of the Mystic Arts."

"I'm sorry about what happened." I tell him sincerely.

"Thank you." He smiles softly.

I decide to change the subject a little. "So tell me. Have you met your soulmate yet?" I raise an eyebrow at him to show my curiosity.

"I have actually. Her name is Jasmine. She's a new sorcerer I started training a couple months ago. She's a lot like you, so apparently I have a type."

"Please, Stephen." I scoff sarcastically. "I'm one in a million."

He chuckles. "What about you? Last I heard you were dating Pepper Potts."

"We broke up. My soulmates are Steve Rogers and Bucky Barnes, fellow Avengers."

Stephen softly smiles. "Are you happy?"

Am I? Things used to be so simple. Now life seems like a game of tug and war. "I think so. I love them, but it just seems like something's missing." I shake my head and try to regain my thoughts. "It's hard being so many different things to different people."

"I get that. I like being semi out of the public spotlight now. Since I became Sorcerer Supreme, there's threats to be dealt with yes, but at the end of the day I get to come home to a quiet and cozy home with Jazmine. It's somehow simpler than my life as a neurosurgeon. Is it hard having two soulmates?"

I sip my coffee before answering. "Oh, definitely. They don't make it easy." I smile sarcastically. "No, I mean it can be at times. They were together first, so sometimes I feel like a third wheel." I shrug and he nods sympathetically. My phone starts ringing and Steve's name pops up. "Speak of the devil."

"Hey, Capsicle. What's up?"

"Where are you?" He asks sounding panicked.

"I'm drinking coffee. Why?" I roll my eyes. I never question their whereabouts, but suddenly I can't go anywhere without them having to tack me down.

"Bucky broke his thumb." Oh.

"Which one? I'm not a doctor."

"The metal one. That's why I called you, Tones." How'd he break a metal thumb? Dumbass.

"I'll be there soon. Just have him sit with it rested on something and tell him not to move it."

"Okay, love you."

I glance up at Stephen and gulp. "Bye."

"Is there a problem?" He quirks an eyebrow up.

"Bucky broke his thumb. No big deal, I'll have it fixed in seconds." I reply and Stephen mouth gapes open.

He tilts his head and responds doubtfully, "You'll fix it?"

I shrug and take a sip of my coffee. "Yeah, just attach a few wires and boom...fixed."

"We are talking about a human thumb, correct?"

I scrunch my eyebrows and confusion before realizing he probably doesn't know about Bucky's metal arm. I decide to play along with it and confuse him even more. "Of course, doc. What else would we be talking about?"

"Oh, Anthony..." He rests his head in his hand and sighs. "That's not going to fix a broken thumb."

I scoff. "Please, what would you know. This isn't your level of expertise. I'm a genius remember."

"Darling, please listen to yourself." He looks up at me through his eyelashes and my heart aches at the sight.

"I love listening to myself, why do you think I talk so much?" I bite my lip to stop myself from laughing.

"Are you feeling okay?" His hand comes up and touches my cheek to check the temperature.

I snort. "I'm messing with you, Steph. He has a metal arm."

"Oh." His face reddens and he removes his hand.

"I better get going before Steve comes looking for me." I softly smile and get up from the table.

He stands and pulls me into a hug. "We should meet up again. As annoying as you are, I've missed this." He says as he pulls always from me.

"Same here, doc. Or should I call you wizard now?" I wink and he scowls.

Meanwhile...