North Meeting

We finally arrive after long hours of driving.

"Did your mother or who you thought was your mother come back here?" Chaeryeong ask. 

"No, they killed her once everyone was gone" Minju answers.

We get out of the car and we're immediately surrounded by guards.

"Who said that you're welcome here" they snarl at Minju. I guess they've heard what happened.

"I know you don't trust me but we need to save Ryujin. We need to save the person that you've been looking for. Wonho's first born" Minju states.

"Call the council. They'll recognize him" Minju request.

One of the guards step up, "We trusted you. How could you do this to us? I thought you were on our side to look for her so we can kick out your parents."

"I'm sorry, Chaewon" Minju looks down, "I wanted their approval so bad that I lost myself. When they thought I got Ryujin, they were so proud and I enjoyed that feeling."

"We don't have time for this. We need to come up with a plan to save Ryujin" I say.

"Is King Beomgyu and Prince Yeonjun here?" Minju ask.

"No but they informed us that they'll arrive soon" the guard named Chaewon answers.

"I'm sorry to be rude" she faces me, "Welcome to the North Kingdom, Princess Yeji."

"You know me?"

"Of course, you used to date Princess... I mean Minju" she says.

"I'll take you the conference room and the council will meet with you" She bows before turning around to lead the way.

We follow her but I hold on to Chaeryeong's hand. It's not my first time visiting another kingdom but for some reason, I'm nervous right now.

"Here we are" Chaewon opens the door to let us in.

"They'll be with you once King Beomgyu and Prince Yeonjun arrives" she closes the door once we're in.

"Why didn't they acknowledge Mr. Shin?" Chaeryeong ask.

"Most of the guards don't know him or they know about him but they've never seen what he looks like" Minju explains.

Wonho walks around the room, "Not much has changed here."

"What happened to you?" Chaeryeong ask out of nowhere.

"They said my kids were in the south but when I got there, they locked me up. The late King did have intentions of taking over the North and the other kingdoms. But later he became addicted to drugs and alcohol. When Prince Lucas was old enough, he started making decisions for the kingdom without his father knowing. I don't know when he became interested in Ryujin but he doesn't have the same goals as his dad anymore. From what I witnessed recently, he clearly just wants Ryujin."

"But he was gonna kill her. When I was there with Minju, he was gonna have her killed" I say.

"It was probably to fake her death. Same thing that King Beomgyu did. I think he was already aware that the North Council was looking for her. So if they think she's dead then he can have her for himself" Minju states.

"Why did they want your parents out of the throne?" Chaeryeong ask another question.

"They think that they don't care about their people. They just care about the title and being able to get away with things which is true. It got to the point that if anyone disagrees with them even with the smallest things then they threaten people to be sent to the south" Minju explains.