Yeji's Plan

I'm back home now. It's been a week since Ryujin was taken. I heard they already got married. I haven't left my room since we got back. Lia and Chaeryeong are trying their best to cheer me up. They keep trying to get me to talk as well but I have nothing to say.

I'm angry. I'm angry at the world. I'm angry at Ryujin for agreeing to do this without fighting. I'm angry at my dad for not stopping it. I'm angry at Lucas. I'm angry at Minju.

"Yeji, can I come in?" My mom knocks on my door. I don't answer so she just walks in.

"Sweetie" she says and I break down crying again.

"Why is this happening to me?" I ask.

"I thought I can finally be happy. The person I want to be with came back and now she's gone again but it's worst. She's married to someone else" I cry more.

"Yeji, remember why she's doing this. She's saving innocent people's lives. You saw how Prince Lucas was. I mean now King Lucas. He has no problem killing people. He killed his own father."

"How is he King then?" I ask.

"His kingdom doesn't run like ours or the east or west. No one will go against his family even if they did something as bad as murder" my mom explains.

"That's dumb" I say.

"I know, sweetie but you can't sulk here forever. I'm sure Ryujin wouldn't want you to be sad."

"If she didn't want me to be sad then she should be here with me right now" I stop crying because my anger is coming back.

"At least get some fresh air" my mom sighs.

I don't answer her and I just turn my back on her.

"I love you, sweetie. Your dad does too" she pats my back a couple of times before I hear her leave.

I'm actually just waiting for night to come. I'm planning to sneak out and go to the South Kingdom. Ryujin has saved me before. It's my turn to save her. I know she doesn't want this but she feels she has no choice. She's putting others above her before herself again.

To be honest, I don't know I'm gonna get there but I have to at least try.

I take a nap to help the time go by faster.

---

I wake up and I'm happy to see it's dark out. I go to my closet to grab my bag and I sneak out my door. I quietly navigate through the halls until I make it outside.

"Where do you think you're going?" I close my eyes when I hear that voice.

"Please don't try to stop me" I beg.

"Your safety is my priority, Princess. I can't let you go" Chaeryeong is being strict as ever.

I push her down thinking I can get away but that's quickly shut down when she grabs me.

"I just want to see her, Chaeryeong" I sadly say.

"Do you think Prince Lucas is gonna allow that? Yeji, stop being stupid" she says to me and I can't believe what I just heard.

"What?" I say, still in shock.

"Stop being stupid. There's nothing you can do so why risk your life? She's already married so why do stupid things like this!? You're making our job harder by having to make sure that you don't do something like this!" She says, frustrated.

I want to cry because she's spoken to me this way before but I hold my tears back.

"If it was Lia, would you stand still? Would you do nothing if the person you love is being held against her will? How is it that Ryujin can save me all by herself but I can't save her when my family runs an entire kingdom with a military? Please explain to me how all of this makes sense? Explain to me how three fucking kingdoms can't do anything to help her!?" I finally snap.