Deja vu

After Yeonjun left, I immediately went to my dad to talk to him about what he said. What does working together mean? Do I have to marry him? So him and will merge our kingdoms and we will rule it together when the time comes?

"Yeji, we should take this offer. I know his dad well and Yeonjun seems like a nice guy" my dad states.

"What's that supposed to mean? You expect me to marry him?" I ask.

"No, but you never know. You two might form a bond. He was already courting you before so just let him continue."

"Dad, I literally just lost Ryujin."

"You and Ryujin were never together" he frowns.

"It doesn't matter. My connection to her was stronger. She's my one that got away. Can't you see that?" I ask.

"I think you're being dramatic, Yeji. How can she get away when she never stayed to begin with?"

"I see you trying to win against me with logic but it's not gonna work because I like to think about things in a very illogical way. How do you think I got so attached to Ryujin? Because in my head, she's my co-star in my movie" I say.

"Did I raise my daughter to be crazy?" My dad shakes his head.

"Maybe but why didn't Yeonjun speak to you about this? Why me? You're still the king?" I ask.

"Because he's not king yet. None of these things he's planning will go into effect until he takes the throne and by that time, you might be taking the throne as well and I told him to speak to you. It's kind of like giving you a taste of what being a Queen is gonna be like."

"I guess I can give him a chance. It's not like there's someone else I'm interested in" I sigh.

"What are you talking about? I never said you need to be with him? Just form a friendship if that's what you want. Stop being the drama" he rocks his eyes at me. Did my dad really just roll his eyes at me?

---

The next day, Yeonjun is back since I've already made up my mind.

"I'm surprised to hear from you so soon, Princess" Yeonjun gives me his dashing smile that I'm not gonna fall for.

"I figured what's the point of delaying it. My dad seems to trust you and your father. I do believe you're a good guy but then again I thought Princess Minju was good but I was wrong so maybe I'm not the greatest with character judgments" I ramble.

He chuckles, "I think you're making the right decision. I can't wait to work with you."

"You're not planning to take over my kingdom are you?" The thought suddenly cross my mind.

"I have no plans of that whatsoever. I'm not greedy but I also want to protect my kingdom. You have great military weapons and resources but we have more advanced technologies. Imagine what our two kingdoms can accomplish by working together" he says.

He's right though. Our military is top notch and that's thanks to Chaeryeong's dad but she will soon take over that position and I know she will live up to her name. Everyone already knows how skilled she is and she has a knack for those things. It just comes naturally for her.

"I—" I'm about to say something but the alarms starts going off. That usually means there's an intruder or were being attacked.

"Princess! Follow me!" Chaeryeong barges in through the door but someone else is behind her. They're wearing a mask though so I can see what they look like.

The mysterious person runs past me then grabs Yeonjun and they run out the door.

"Princess! Let's go!" Chaeryeong now grabs me too and starts dragging to who knows where.