Visitors

Chaeryeong informs me that the people captured at the south border have arrived so were on our way to my dad's office.

"It's not Ryujin huh?" I knew it wasn't gonna be her but I just want to confirm.

She shakes her head, "No its Minju and their father."

That's still a surprise to me. What are they doing here? Didn't Lucas take them? I assumed he locked them up and they're being guarded.

Chaeryeong opens the door to my dad's office then let me in first.

"Yeji" my dad says my name but I ignore him and I walk directly towards Minju.

"Why are you here? How did you escape? Why did you leave Ryujin there?" I start asking questions.

"Who is she?" The man next to her ask.

"I'm Ryujin's girlfriend, was soon to be fiancé then wife but that plan derailed as you can see" I introduce myself.

"She's my daughter. Ignore what she said" my dad speaks up from behind me.

"Princess Yeji, Ryujin wanted me to give this to you" he takes something out of his pocket.

He hands me a necklace and it has a card. It's a heart with my name on it.

I open the card and I immediately cry.

Yeji,

If you're reading this then that means Wonho and Minju successfully escaped. I wanted to give the necklace to you in person after the wedding but I guess it wasn't the right time. The pendant symbolizes my heart and how you'll always be in it. I love you, Yeji.

Love,
Ryujin

"Why didn't she escape with you guys?" I ask.

"I don't know. We begged her to come but she wouldn't. She said we needed to escape because he keeps using us against her" Minju explains.

"Use you for what? He already got what he wanted" my dad ask.

"He's trying to have a baby with Ryujin" Wonho shares.

"What!?" I exclaim.

"Why?!" I'm in utter shock.

"I really don't think he had any intentions with the North Kingdom. I think he's really just after Ryujin. While we were there, he was truly trying to connect with her. He was trying to be nice and everything. Ryujin told us to escape and go to the North to tell them everything that's happening" Minju says.

"Is he forcing himself on her?" It hurts my heart just to think about it.

"He's tried but Ryujin fights back so thats when he sends his guards to beat her up."

"What? If he wants her then why would he hurt her?"

"He enjoys the challenge. All the times I've spent there, he loves women that doesn't want him" Wonho shares.

"Is he sick?" My dad ask.

"We think so. I'm sure you saw how he was during the wedding. That's him being his normal self. His mood shifts so fast" Wonho answers.

"Dad, we have to get her. He's trying to have sex with her! That should be me doing that!" I blurt out.

"Yeji, what did that girl do to you that you're acting crazy like this? Do you not see that she's no good for you? She's always involved in trouble" my dad is questioning my love for Ryujin again.