"Look Shadow. I know that this topic of discussion is difficult for you, but we must know if you can tell us anything to help. I cannot stand by and let my organization be taken over by these psychos, nor do I want them to hurt anymore people." Fury spoke confidently.

    I made eye contact with the stern man, listening to him as he spoke. I could feel that he was sincere and that he was just trying to help.

    "I still don't know much. Most of what I do remember is that they wanted to target our government. They wanted to get rid of national leaders and replace them with their own. I can't remember much else that pertains to this." I tried to stay as vague as possible. I could remember different times of torture and pain that they brought upon myself but I wasn't in the mood to talk about that.

    Tony raised a sharp eyebrow at me. "We know they tortured you."

    I tensed and shut my eyes.

    "Tony!" Nat hissed.

    Tony threw his hands in the air. "What! She needs to understand we are on her side here."

    Everyone started shouting and arguing about how insensitive Tony was and how he wasn't thinking about my feelings. I couldn't stand the loud voices and the angry tones. I shrunk back further into my chair and shielded myself. Flashes kept appearing of the guards in Hydra as they came at me, yelling and swinging.

    I flinched as strong arms wrapped themselves around my shoulders. I was pulled into a warm lap, their arms going to shield my head and body from the outside world.

    "Would you idiots stop yelling so much? You're scaring her."

    I could hear Steve's gruff voice above my head. His tone was sharp and dangerous. I relaxed a bit when the vibrations of his chest ran along the side of my body. He held onto me tight, to shield me and make me feel safe.

    "Sorry Shadow. I just figured you should know that we found files of you when we recovered that information on our last mission." Tony spoke softly, regretting his previous choice of words.

    I slowly poked my head up from behind my own arms. Steve still held onto me but allowed me to move on my own. Being in his lap was comforting, but it pained my chest further that he wasn't my soulmate.

    I turned towards Tony. "They...were horrible people."

    "Is that why you have scars along your arms? That was all from them?" Bruce asked.

    I hung my head and slowly nodded. I pushed myself further into Steve's chest, not wanting anyone to ask me to look at my scars.

    "Do you remember anyone's name or anything specific like that that could help our cause?" Fury pressed kindly.

    I pushed myself out of Steve's lap. "No. They made sure to not say names around me. There were only a few people whose names I knew, but I still can't remember them. I know who they are but I couldn't tell you their names." I spat out quickly.

    "Alright. I will keep looking for leads. I would like for Shadow to be prepared for missions again. We will make sure that she is well protected on these missions, but I still feel like she is crucial to helping destroy these monsters." Fury declared.

    "Woah hold on there Fury. I don't think sending her on missions right now is the best idea. They've been messing with her head and they unlocked more of her magic. What if they get another chance and succeed in getting her?" Steve was frantic in his opposition to Fury's demands. I could tell he didn't want me to go on any missions for a while.