S2E7: Zoned Out ...for Adrift Apart

Start from the beginning

Radi: Yeah thanks Ms. Autocorrect. Either way, there's gotta be a way to end it alre-

Before he could finish, a sudden warning alarm emanates throughout the laboratory.

All Three: ...!!

This triggers an emergence of the new and improved Soldier Droids. Without a shred of delay, each one wheels away towards the impending threat.

Radi: You guessin' what I'm guessin'?

Umeme: [takes out his Nightmare Radar] Yep. We've got company.

Excluding the collection of husk pieces, a lone energy signature has been spotted. Not inside the lab, but rather outside.

>> >> >> NOW LOADING...

ACT II [EXT. / NIGERIAN RAINFOREST (DIRT ROAD) / CONTINUOUS]

Standing a mile½ away from the lab are a squadron of Soldier Droids, accompanied by the terrapin automaton, Doc. Soon to join them are Umeme, Radi, and Friska (latter being carried by the cheetah). Further regarding the hare, she's currently wielding a plasma rifle with a latex sling attachment.

Friska: [packin' heat] Stay on guard, you two. We don't know what we're dealing with.

Radi: Pfft! Compared to the last Nightmare, this oughta be a piece a' cake.

As the three make their arrival, they see that the whole squadron is in a ring formation, surrounding something. Whatever it is, it's hard to make out with them in the way.

Umeme: [puts Friska down] Yo, Doc. Looks like you got things under control.

Radi: It didn't give up so soon, did it?

Doc: This is... not what I anticipated.

Other Three: ...?

Friska: I mean... that's the idea, right?

Doc: Perhaps it's easier if I just showed you.

Doc knocks on one of the bots, gesturing it and a few others to make some room for the four to enter. Upon ingress, the three come face to face with something they truly did not anticipate. Something so unbelievable, it leaves them as vocal as thin air; not even a gasp can suffice. To call it a monster would be an understatement. To call it a demon would be a plain insult. Without question, this is quite possibly...

THEIR WORST NIGHTMARE.

...

A slice of red-velvet cake. On a plate. With a fork.

...

Umeme: ...

Friska: ...

Radi: ...

Also with sprinkles.

Radi: ... (tries his best to hold it in, but inevitably bursts into tears of laughter)!!!

Friska: ... Aaand exactly what's so funny about this?

Radi: (continues laughing his ass off) That's supposed ta' be a Nightmare?!... A literal piece a' cake?!...

Others: (utterly confused, but a bit wary)...

Radi: (starts to settle down) Hoh-hooh man! Whoever this Maker is, I didn't think he'd be fresh out of ideas already. [begins walking over to it] Hey, maybe it's some sorta peace offering.

Umeme: [quickly stops him] A single slice in the middle of a dirt road? Not my idea of an apology cake.

Radi: Well I said "some sorta" didn't I?