S1E12: ''I...'' for an ''I...''

ACT I [EXT. / LIBYAN DESERT / MID-DAY]

Despite having hung up his phone, Radi finds himself falling hundreds of feet from the air -- soon to plummet onto the lower parts of the hoodoo he was just on. With his electro (ergo flight) currently out of commission, he desperately tries to find other options at his disposal. Unfortunately, the only one he has at the moment is screaming. Reaching closer and closer to the rocky surface, Radi braces for what's to come. But just at the last second, what's to come doesn't arrive, for Doc flies over and catches Radi -- having heard his yells.

Radi: [unbraces himself and notices he's still alive] (chuckles in relief) Nice catch, Doc.

Doc: Radi, you are aware you can fly, correct?

Radi: [sees that he hung up on Friska during his fall] Yeah uh, that's gonna take a while.

Doc: ... Care to elaborate?

Radi: I dunno -- uh, that Nightmare must be throwing off my electro.

Doc: Illogical, for I observed zero indication. How-

The two soon see that the Pangolin Nightmare is wheeling their way.

Radi: Look, we can play 20 Questions after we're done with "Rolly McPolly" over there!

Despite his confusion, the terrapin automaton complies as he jets away from the pursuing Nightmare, carrying Radi by the torso. Though his speed's nothing to brush about, Doc isn't as fast as Radi, as evident to the pangolin gaining closer by the second. But while it does so, Doc looks back to run a quick scan on the beast, more specifically, its super-durable scales.

Radi: (worried) Uh, ya mind doing that later? Y'know, when we're not so close to death?!

Doc: I thought 20 Questions was postponed.

Radi: Hey, look at that, a sense of humor! Just what I FUCKIN' NEEDED!!

With Doc's scanning finally complete, he quickly ascends to a nearby hoodoo. Just like it did with Radi, the wheeling pangolin uses one of the dunes as a large ramp, and then ricochets from one rock formation to another until it reaches the one Doc is on. The Nightmare uncurls and prepares to make ribbons out of its two victims. Only to see that one of them has a plasma cannon (set to max power) aimed right at it. The pangolin quickly curls back before being engulfed in a powerful stream of energy, which sends it flying miles upon miles away. Radi then lays down in relief, albeit temporary, but soon notices Doc looking at him.

Radi: ... Let me guess. Your analysis says that it can't jack up my electro, right?

Doc: Negative. That is already obvious.

Radi: (scoffs)

Doc: I was focusing on the creature's physiology. And I believe I have a solution for damaging it.

Radi: Yeah, what is it?

Doc: Are you able to fly now?

Radi: I ehhh... no.

Doc: ...

Doc carries Radi down from the hoodoo. After doing so, he immediately ditches him and flies over to the pangolin's direction.

Radi: Whu-hey! What the hell! You can't just leave me stranded he-...

The peregrine notices that he's missing something. Getting a feel-around of his "pockets", he immediately realizes that something has been taken right under his nose.