Can't Help Falling in Love

Start from the beginning

We ate together as a family. And it was nowhere near silent. We talked amongst ourselves, laughed, and fed each other. If my eyes could take videos, I would watch this moment over and over again to relieve it. One of my absolute favorite moments. Anyone with a family to share this type of moment with is lucky. Because, it's rare. Not everyone is lucky enough to have someone, let alone a family. And even when you do have someone, sometimes, we get caught up with our own shit that we take moments like these for granted. Which is why, when you can, spend it with the people that's important to you. Because, nothing is certain. And one day, they won't be around anymore. We'll be left with what could've been.

A gentle knock on the door pulled me out of my thoughts, "Are you ready to go, my love?" Y/N asks as she enters the inside of our bedroom, carefully taking a seat next to me on the bed.

I nod, clearing my throat, "Yes. I was just.." I seem to be lost for words for no apparent reason. Is there a reason why I feel the way I'm feeling? Probably not. "Is Maya ready? I'm sorry if I was taking too lo-"

She stops me from leaving, making me sit back down, "Stop. Is there something wrong? You know, you can talk to me about anything. I'm here. Always."

I release a sigh, "I'm just.. Scared. About everything. And losing it. And not having enough time with you and Maya." A single tear escaped my eye. One after the other. "It's stupid. I know."

Y/N gently slid her warm hands beside my face, her thumb soothingly caressing my damp cheek, "Not, it's not. Don't say that." The sincerity in her voice already makes me feel better. I didn't know a voice could be capable of doing that. "It's okay and understandable to feel that way. You're scared of losing something you cherish the most. And you don't know if you'll have more of it." She pauses for a moment, her eyes softening against my own. "But, I promise you this; you will have more. With me. With us. And this?" She picks up my hand, wiggling my left hand, more so on my ring finger, "This is only the beginning. Of our forever."

I waste no more time. I connect our lips together. A simple contact was more than enough to take my breath away. It's healing me from the inside. I don't want it to end. Her lips mold perfectly against my own. And I've never felt so at peace with myself until we exchange this kind of intimacy. And I'll forever be thankful that we are coexisting in this lifetime together.

My fingers weave through her soft hair as my eyes saunter to her face, "Has my future wife taken her medicine yet?" I smile, planting a few short-lived kisses all over her lips.

"I have." She responds almost immediately. "First thing I did after we ate."

I kissed her once more, and probably not for the last time, "Good." My smile quickly fades when I realize what is to come in a few weeks. "Are you nervous? About the.. Surgery?" I meant that question more so for myself than to her. Maybe if she answers the way I want her to, I would feel better.

There was a moment of silence. What only stood for a couple of seconds, felt like we spent an hour without saying anything. I'm definitely overthinking. And even though I have gone with her to go see Dr. Shepherd a couple of times just to make sure everything is set and ready to go, I couldn't help but let my fear get the best of me. Maybe this is why I'm so goddamn emotional this morning.

"No, not really." She answers truthfully. "I mean, don't get me wrong, it's scary and I should be nervous. But, I'm not. Maybe because I know I'm in great hands. And there's nothing life concerning about my diagnosis. Just like what Dr. Shepherd told us. And her team has done this more than enough to where I'm comfortable." Her words caressed me. "But, are you? Nervous? For me?"