14: FAMILY

Few weeks later, Jimin sat in Jungkook's car as they headed to pick Areum up. He felt excited to see her. They had been Face Timing every day but Jungkook said they couldn't get her yet as it wasn't safe. Apparently, his mother was a part of a gang and they wanted to get rid of it before they were considered safe.

When he woke up that morning, Jungkook was already up and told him to just get ready. He hadn't asked anything at first knowing Jungkook would never put him in danger. Jungkook told him that they were headed to Tae's place to take their daughter. He got so excited.

Not being able to see her, hug her, and take her to her chemotherapy sessions was taxing him mentally. Jungkook took his hand and placed it on his lap. He smiled and leaned his head on Jungkook's shoulder. Their relationship was better than ever. This past few weeks they had reconnected well and talked about their past, present, and future. They now synced both mentally and emotionally.

They found Areum and Tae seated on the stairs. Once the car stopped, Areum ran to it. They got out of the car and he heard Tae shout at her to stop running.
Appa. She called as Jimin picked her up. He kissed her all over her face, relief washing over him at being with her again.
My baby, how have you been?
Okay. Missed you.
I missed you too baby. He kissed her again making her giggle. Jungkook joined them in a hug.
Didn't you miss daddy? Jungkook asked with a pout.
Missed you more daddy. Are we going home now?
Whatever you want baby, Jungkook told her.

They greeted Taehyung who led them into the house. Yoongi was not in. They spent the day playing with Areum. Tae told him all about her new medicines and therapy sessions. Her hair had begun falling off so Tae had bought her hats until Jimin decided to shave it off. Jimin was grateful.

So how are you and Jungkookie? Tae asked with a raised eyebrow as they were making lunch.
We are very good Tae. We talked, rekindled our love and I want to get married now.
Wow!
I'm so happy Taetae. For a moment I was scared he'd never want to see me again but all along he was taking care of us.
We told you not to worry.
Thank you for everything Tae.
You are my soulmate, just a word and I'll burn the entire world for you, Tae said seriously. Jimin went to him and hugged him tightly.
I don't know how I'll ever repay you.
Steal Jungkookie's black card. There's a jacket I really want and hyung won't get it for me. Tae whined as he shredded some lettuce.

As if you can't afford it. Stop spoiling Areum and get yourself the jacket.
When she widens those doe eyes I find it hard to say no. You know I love her. Jimin just laughed. Areum was a master at making them feel guilty if she didn't get her way.
Fine. I'll ask Jungkook.
By the time the day ended, they were all tired and went to sleep as soon as they got home.

Minie do you think we can have more babies? Jungkook asked him as he caressed his arm. They were in bed and Jimin was already dozing off in his arms.
I would like that Kookie. We already talked about this when you proposed.
I know, I just thought you had changed your mind.
No. I'm an only child and I don't want Areum to grow up alone like I did. Jungkook kissed his forehead and tightened his arms. I love you Kookie.
Let's grow our family then, love you too.