twenty-one|Impatient

Start from the beginning

Jaz froze. She nodded, "I- uh...yeah. Sure."

"Well," Ward smiled at the siblings, "it's gonna be good."

He shared a glance with his daughter before leaving the three alone. Once he had left far enough, the three had let out a breath they didn't know they were holding.

"Holy shit." Jaz shook her head, "You're dad gives me the heebie geebies, Sarah. I'm not going to lie."

John B and Sarah chuckled together. "Well, sis. Time to show off those fishing skills you always hide." John B put his arm around her as they walked back to the house.

***

When Jazlyn finally got home she made sure to embrace her boyfriend in a big hug and smother him in kisses. Just cause of course.

He always smiled when she did it. It was often and he never complained.

"Missed you." He smirked as braced himself with one arm, leaned against the other door of her wardrobe. She had one door open as she looked through all of her t-shirts and sweatshirts.

"Who wouldn't." She winked with a shrug, pulling one of her t-shirts off the hanger.

JJ made a face when she pulled it off the hanger, breathing in a hiss.

"What?" She cocked her head, noticing his uncertainty.

"I think you should wear..." he paused grabbing a different t-shirt from the wardrobe, "this one."

"Why?" She examined the shirt. It was red and had a band name on it with the list of tour destinations on the back, "I like this one."

"Well, you look better in red." He shrugged.

Jaz rolled her eyes, "fine."

She took her other shirt off and put her new one on, matching with her jean shorts. Quickly, JJ grabbed the few gold bars sitting on her bed and the pair walked out of the room to joined the rest of the gang outside of the house.

"Kie, this better work." JJ huffed, slapping the slabs of gold onto the van's floor, "We can't pawn this if there's a giant weed symbol on it."

"It's gonna work." Kie said, lighting the flame of the blow torch.

Jaz giggled, looking up to JJ with a smile. All he did was smirk as he looked back down at her.

The group all surrounded the pot as the gold melted. And soon enough they were at the nearest pawn shop.

"Hell of a job melting it down, Dr. Frankenstein." JJ complained.

"Looks realistic to me!" Jaz added.

"Like you both could have done better." Kie rolled her eyes.

Jaz sighed quietly. Kiara had been trying to act like everything was back to normal ever since their fight. Jaz wasn't having it. She knew they both said some mean things which only meant they had to have a real conversation about it.

"I could have done better. I took a welding class." JJ defended.

"Oh wait I remember that." Jaz smiled. JJ smiled back and took her hand.

Honeymoon phase to the max.

"When?" Kie snapped the two out of their mood.

Before JJ could answer, John B shushed them all, telling them to chill.

"Easy for you to say that. You're not the one who has to pawn this piece of shit off." JJ complains, again, "How did I get this job anyway?"

"Cause you're the best liar." Pope suggests.

"It's true." Jaz adds before slipping into the shop with all of her friends.

They all spread out, looking at all the little trinkets around the store while JJ bullshitted his way through a deal. Eventually the lady gave in, and handed him an address written sloppily on an envelope.

Soon enough, they were back in the Twinkie venturing down unknown roads.

"So, they keep money out here?" Pope wondered, Jaz following his eyesight, looking around at the deserted properties.

"That's what she said." JJ shrugged.

JJ and Jaz shared a Look before JJ laughed, "That's what she said."

"Stop." Pope wasted no times.

"I've never even heard of Resurrection Drive." Sarah, waved her hands towards the envelope.

"It's cause your rich."

"You've never heard of it either." Kie snapped.

Jaz laughed at JJ. "I bet no one has. There's literally nothing back here." She patted the drivers seat from behind, "Yo, Johnny, do you-"

Her question was cut off from the siren of the police pulling up behind them.

"Cops? Out here?" Kie jeered.

"They're everywhere. Like fucking termites." Jaz groaned.

"God! Are you kidding me?" JJ shared the same frustration.

Before anything bad could happen, they situated themselves, putting the gold away and the weed.

"JJ, c'mon just stuff it there-" Jaz complained. She didn't get to scold him much before all of the overlapping voices were cut off from a small click.

Everyone felt the echo from the gun hum through them as they stared at the man pointing it right at John B.

"John." Jaz mumbled under her breath shakily, lunging towards her brother. JJ was quick to stop her.

"Jaz." He gave her a warning look. She shook his hand off her before sending him a dirty look at focusing back on her brother-

Who was being held at gunpoint.