twelve|Impatient

Jazlyn

"Pope it's fine," I reassure him, also noticing JJ's side eye toward me. "We're not stealing the drone we're borrowing it."

Ok but for real. Why is this bitch mad again.

"'Humans are the only animal that can't tell fantasy from reality.'" Pope quotes.

"Wait did you come up with that?" John B looks at the three of us in the back. JJ on the small rolled out carpet doing something to his joint, Pope sitting on the seat behind John B's, and me, sitting on at the end of the seat in front of JJ.

"Nope. Albert Bernstein came up with it." I answered for him.

"Yeah, but it applies to this whole treasure-hunting thing." Pope finishes.

"Ohh." John B's confused face drops to a frown.

"So, which is it? Fantasy or reality?" Pope gestures with his hand one or the other.

"Why are you so weird, Pope?" JJ speaks up.

"He's not weird. He's just smart." I snap, defending my best friend.

"Yeah. Sure." he scoffs.

I rolled my eyes. JJ was fine with me not even a day ago. How did this happen?

"It's a fantasy, but possible reality." Kie looked between Pope and John B.

"Reality." John B smiles.

"Virtual reality." JJ tries to light his joint.

"Oh my gosh, JJ. Shut up." I scoffed as Pope took the joint out of his hands.

He rolled his eyes, "Keep the signal clear."

We finally came to a stop at the yard. Kie and I hopped out fist bumping on our way to the front of the car while Pope and JJ bicker.

"Don't worry, you got this." John B smiles at Kie.

"It's not me that I'm worried about." Kie answers slowly turning my way as I looked upon the yard confused on where we're going.

"Wh-Huh?" Her eyes catch my attention.

"Got it."

We start walking toward the entrance, "What'd you say?"

"Nothing, Jaz," She sighs, "We're the distraction got it?" She smiles.

"Hell yeah."

As we approach the small room where the guard was sat in Kie and I yelled for him.

"Hello!"

"Hello! Sir! 'scuse me!"

The man comes out of the room. "Can I help you?" He looks me up and down.

"Uh-uhm." I look at Kie noticing his stares. "Yes actually," I nod aggressively, "We have a flat tire."

"Yeah," Kie frowns, helping me out. Noticing I was caught off guard by the creepy man. "We were wondering if you could help us out?"

We both hesitantly looked at each other smiling, "Yeah. I sure can."

As soon as he turned around we face each other, trying not to giggle doing our handshake.

"Too easy."

"Oh gosh. So easy."

Once we were all situated with the plan working kie and I nervously waited for our friends to pass. Suddenly the annoying ass dog starts barking and it only takes a second to notice who it exactly could be barking at.