Jiang Yu really didn’t remember this person. She typed a string of codes and hit enter.

As she slowly looked through Lu Hetai’s family tree, Jiang Yu slowly smiled.

...

The Feng family.

Feng Linbai was about to practice his calligraphy when he used his palm to smooth out the paper and asked, “Have you found out what happened today?”

“Yes.” Ke Yanbin handed over the information he had found. “It should be related to the stepdaughter of the Jiang family.”

Feng Linbai was obviously not satisfied with this answer. “Should?”

Ke Yanbin replied, “The person who had hired the average assassins was a contractor named Lu Hetai. He usually uses the guise of a construction company to secure projects and earn some side income.”

“This Lu Hetai’s sister is Lu Xueping, Jiang Wan’s biological mother.”

Chapter 89: It Remained a Mystery

“So, it was Jiang Wan’s uncle who did it?”

Feng Linbai estimated the width of each word and dipped the brush in ink. “This Jiang Wan is quite smart.”

She had hidden behind the scenes and didn’t show herself. Instead, she got her uncle to do it.

Moreover, she didn’t come for Jiang Yu directly. Instead, she used Jiang Zeyu’s past feud with another gang as a cover, take advantage of the chaos to achieve her goal, and reduce the possibility of being exposed.

She was really smart.

Whether it was Jiang Wan who came up with the idea, or she had indirectly manipulated Lu Hetai to arrange it, such a sinister move wasn’t something that a common, burly man like Lu Hetai could come up with.

When the time came, even if they exposed Lu Hetai, Jiang Wan could say that Lu Hetai did this because he cared about her. It had nothing to do with her and she had no idea.

Unless she had fought together with Lu Hetai, there was no evidence to prove that she had ordered the hit herself.

“The little lady has such a smart stepsister. It seems that she doesn’t have a good life in the Jiang family either.” Feng Linbai’s pen landed on the paper. “This is quite similar to my situation.”

Ke Yanbin: … Master, what’s with the sense of joy that you have this in common with Jiang Yu?

Shouldn’t he be worried about her?

Sensing Ke Yanbin’s silence, Feng Linbai added, “The little lady isn’t that weak. One small venomous snake, that’s nothing to her.”

After a pause, he asked, “Did you witness her today?”

“Yes, she’s very powerful.”

Ke Yanbin replied honestly, “With her speed, if I fought her, even I’m not confident that I would win.”

He had never seen such speed before. Moreover, it was full of strength, fast, accurate, and ruthless. There had been no unnecessary moves, and every move was fatal.

Moreover, Jiang Yu had had a relaxed attitude. She had not taken those people seriously at all. She had treated them like rabid cats and dogs that were biting people. Even as a bystander, he could tell that she had not used her full strength.