018

"Where have you been? It's almost 7pm." His dad spoke as soon as he opened the door.

"I was at the university, dad." Jake said as he bows his head, not taking a glance to his parents.

"At this time? Did you join any organizations or what?" His father continued and he nod.

"What is it?" His dad said with a soft voice now.

Jake didn't move. His father, it's fine by him as long the organization he joined is academic related. If it's not, he would tell him to quit. Especially if it's dancing or singing since for his father those things are a waste and will not get you anywhere in life.

"Hun, let jake put down his things first." His mother calmly said as she guided jake to sit.

"It's either singing or dancing, isn't it?" Jake didn't spoke.

"Quit it. Join better ones or focus on studying. That's all that matters, jake." His dad continued making him close his fist.

"Can I quit sooner?" He begged.

"No, quit now. Stop wasting your time to useless things." It was no point for jake. His dad will never support him with his decisions. It would always be the grades and achievements that matters to him.

"But dad, you can achieve things in dancing too." His mother hold his hand signaling.

"Like what? Lame achievements that won't even turn you into a successful man." He scoffs.

Dead air filled the room. Jake was sure that his father is disappointed in him. He looked at his mom, who was looking out of nowhere.

"How's school?" His mother started off.

"Doing fine, mom." He smiled.

"Oh." His mom suddenly reached her hand out, jake's smile suddenly faded. He knows his mom currently wants to check his grade.

"May I see?" Of course, jake has no choice to get some of his returned works for them to check.

As soon as he gave him the plates his mother started to look at them with a furrowed eyebrows on her face.

"40/45? 60/70? 80/100?" His mother uttered in disbelief. "What's the matter, jake? You didn't understood it well?" She continued. Out of 17 papers I gave them, there are 15 works that have a perfect score in it and yet they chose to notice the ones with mistakes. Jake thought.

It has always been like that. Jake should have been used to it but no. It still aches his heart.

"See? Quit dancing or whatever. Such a distraction to your studies." His dad said as he stands and get his things.

"Let's go, jina. Before I get mad and do unwanted things in this dorm." They're leaving? Can't they eat with me at least? Jake thought.

"Be more like your brother. He's a doctor now."

"Find better friends as well. Or don't make one. Who knows who would be bad influence to you."

- C U T -

ANYWAYS, STREAM ENHYPEN'S NEW SONGS ON SPOTIFY AND ENHYPEN'S FUTURE PERFECT MV